As our VP of Global Communications, PR & Media Relations you will be the ultimate champion of our agency’s brand(s), helping the Octagon Sports and Entertainment Network agencies grow by defining and elevating the brands; leading storytelling with powerful content and media; and highlighting the agencies’ best work across multiple channels.You are an experienced, content strategist, business writer and relationship manager with a facility for delivering clear, fast, powerful content in a variety of formats, and a vision for how to connect key business themes and content channels. You’ll need to be entrepreneurial and opportunistic, identifying out-of-the box avenues for our brands to pursue, leveraging your relationships with broadcast, media and digital partners.You will work across the network globally; partnering with senior leaders in marketing, communications, strategy and creative to ensure content and communications delivery is coordinated across the organization and aligned with the organization’s strategic, messaging and branding goals. This position will have one direct report.
*This position can be located in either CT, NYC or LA
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Define and continue to elevate the agency brand(s) to ensure they are understood, embraced and consistently presented
- Partner with agency teams to develop and maintain strong relationships and communications
- Proactively partner with key business leaders to provide strategic solutions and counsel
- Together with Global CMO, develop global marketing plans that align with business needs
- Provide in-depth expertise, positioning yourself as a subject matter expert
- Demonstrate an understanding and knowledge of the services provided by each of the agencies and departments
- Work closely with agency leadership to develop key messaging for internal and external purposes
- Be the internal voice of the agency, providing writing support for key executives
- Create and implement a calendar of internal communications, including emails, webcasts, executive roadshows and presentations
Content Marketing and Thought Leadership
- Recruit and cultivate internal thought leaders to craft content
- Create a calendar of relevant thought leadership content (white papers, blog content)
- Leverage thought leadership across multiple channels (social media, speaking, client presentations)
Earned Media and PR
- Lead all media relations efforts to ensures the agencies are visible across sports business, entertainment, marketing/advertising and business-related media outlets
- Foster thought leadership opportunities for agency executives, securing high-profile speaking opportunities at prestigious conferences and industry events
- Provide counsel on communications issues including crisis communications and media training
Digital and Social Media
- Oversee the agency’s online presence and ensure that its corporate site reflects the creativity and clarity needed to be recognized as an industry leader
- Direct Octagon’s global social mediachannels and work in collaboration with divisions and regions to coordinate digital & social media efforts across the agency
- Ensure that internal web-sites provide global staff access to marketing tools and content
- Partner with Talent Acquisition team to position agencies brand(s) as employer of choice across various digitalchannels
- Develop strategic awards plan for agencies, while working with teams to craft case studies and submissions
- Partner with client teams to develop awards plans and recommendations
- Work with global team to coordinate global awards efforts
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN - OSEN
The Octagon Sports and Entertainment Network, within the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG), encompasses industry leaders Octagon, FRUKT, Rogers & Cowan and Milkmoney. This formidable family of agencies specializes in sports, entertainment and lifestyle marketing and public relations for brands, athletes and celebrities.
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
We inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 10+ years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, or related field preferred
- 10+ years of global marketing leadership focused on content and communications, preferably within an agency setting
- Outstanding content strategy, strategic writing, and editingexperience.
- Exceptional verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to present to colleagues across the organization
- Media relationships across business, marketing/advertising outlets. Sport business or entertainment a plus
- Demonstrated leadership competencies: business vision, client focus, accountability for results, team leadership, developing others and cross-organization collaboration
- Demonstrated ability to leverage the market to develop best practices for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content repurposing and implementation across all channels
- You have a passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.