S&P Global is seeking a talented Global Business Services Executive to assume strategic financial leadership for our Global Business Service (GBS) department across S&P Global. Reporting to the SVP Controller this executive will be responsible for the delivery of our company’s financialshared services, the alignment to our company strategy and the effective development of a diverse and motivated team. Global Business Services covers the following areas: Order to Cash, Accounts Payable, T&E, Sourcing and Procurement, Contract Management, Vendor Governance, Record to Report / General Accounting and Financial Systems Security. This position serves as the lead executive in managing the company’s outsourced operations for finance. In addition, this position is responsible for supporting the development and execution of the company’s Digital Finance strategy, standardizing processes across all operations, leading on-going process simplification and improvement opportunities across all financial functions.
This role has eight directs and provides oversight/leadership to approximately 300 members (S&P Global and GenPact combined) throughout various U.S. states as well as in London, Pakistan, India, Singapore and the Philippines.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee Order to Cash, Record to Report, Procure to Pay and Financial Systems internal and outsourced teams.
- Develop a long term roadmap for the effective and efficient delivery of global, enterprise wide financialshared services.
- Work with teams to execute on key enterprise wide initiatives.
- Develop strong relationships with key business partners in Divisional Finance, Controllers, Tax, Treasury, Commercial, Audit and Information Technology.
- Develop, coach and motivate a diverse global team.
Leadership / Operations Management
- Prepare, review and/or present periodic presentations to senior management and Operations Committee, when required.
- Promotes and maintains accountability for the internal control environment and accurate transactional processing in compliance with SOX requirements.
- Supports enforcement of compliance with accounting and/or Company policies.
- Supportsinternal, external and other regulatory audit requirements.
- Coordinates with other leaders to implement global standardized processes.
- Oversees month-end, quarterly, and year-end close activities in supporting Divisional Finance and the Corporate Controllers organizations.
- Develops and maintains robust framework for process compliance within GBS, which includes standardized global processes and a compliance self-audit program.
- Oversees finances and budget for service delivery.
- Recruits, mentors and develops high caliber talent.
Strategic Initiatives / Transformation
- Provides leadership for critical enterprise initiatives (e.g., OTC Implementation, Vendor Governance, Travel, etc.).
- Drive GBS’s strategy for robotic process automation (RPA), natural language processing (NLP) and artificial intelligence (AI).
- Develops and implements GBS’s location strategy to deliver high quality, cost efficient services.
- Delivers world-class customer service to all businesses maintaining high expectations for professionalism and integrity.
- Responsible for building and managing the Technology Roadmap for financial applications including Oracle, Ariba, Concur, Akritiv, Zuora, Qlikview and Blackline.
- Leads and manages the business process improvement activities within GBS.
- Provide governance and oversight of all third party outsourced providers so that overall service delivery remains on target and benefits are achieved.
- Work directly with service provider’s team to identify, assess, prioritize, and mitigate risks; defines mitigation plans and monitors progress.
- Responsible for creating, maintaining, reviewing and reporting KPIs or SLAs in each functional area to monitor service delivery quality and cost.
- Serves as final point of escalation for resolving major service delivery and relationship issues.
- Provides executive leadership, change management, representation and key decision making for the GBS organization.
- Position responsible for handling all Finance shared service/outsourced related activities.
- Assume personal ownership and accountability for projects, goals and outcomes.
- Challenge existing practices and test new ideas.
- Increase synergies and cooperation with other areas within Finance and the overall organization.
- Produce consistent, high quality work.
- Articulate the GBS perspective and vision and pushback with respect when applicable.
- Culturally Agile.
- Minimum degree of BA, BBA or equivalent degree in finance or accounting.
- MBA, CPA or equivalent certification is a plus.
- 15+ years’ experience in a financial role with 10+ years in a managerial role.
- Previous experience in a Senior Financial Management role leading a team of 100+.
- Previous experience in a financialshared services delivery role within a global company.
- Previous experience building and expanding Shared Service or Outsourced functions
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage people.
- Demonstrated managerial courage.
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship management and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ERP systems knowledge, preferably Oracle EBS or Cloud.
- Previous experience with applying agile and lean/six sigma principles in a transactional environment and leading process improvement / transformation.
- Proven ability to develop, coach and motivate a diverse global team
- Position must be able to identify, evaluate, and assess complex issues related to GBS processes.
- Position must be able to identify and interact with various stakeholders to resolve issues.
- Position must be able to partner strategically with other Finance functions and Divisional leaders.
- Position must be able to see beyond its own agenda.
- Ability to work with colleagues of many cultures and languages.
- Ability to travel to Asia 3-5 times per year: India, Philippines, Singapore.