COMPANY OVERVIEW For over a century, Neiman Marcus Group has served the unique needs of our discerning customers by staying true to the principles of our founders: to be the premier omni-channel retailer of luxury and fashion merchandise dedicated to providing superior service and a distinctive shopping experience in our stores and on our websites. Neiman Marcus Group is comprised of the Specialty Retail Stores division, which includes Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman, and our international brand, mytheresa.com. Our portfolio of brands offers the finest luxury and fashion apparel, accessories, jewelry, beauty, and home décor. The Company operates more than 40 Neiman Marcus full-line stores in the most affluent markets across the United States, including U.S. gateway cities that draw an international clientele. In addition, we operate 2 Bergdorf Goodman stores in landmark locations on Fifth Avenue in New York City. We also operate more than 40 Last Call by Neiman Marcus off-price stores that cater to a value oriented, yet fashion minded customer. Our upscale eCommerce and direct-to-consumer division includes NeimanMarcus.com, BergdorfGoodman.com Horchow.com, LastCall.com, and CUSP.com. Every day each of our 15,000 NMG associates work towards the goal of enabling our customers to shop any of our brands "anytime, anywhere, and on any device." Whether the merchandise we sell, the customer service we offer, or our investments in technology, everything we do is to enhance the customer experience across all channels and brands.
This role is responsible for driving sales and profitability of their store through effective leadership, management and building a team of professionals from sellers to management who have a common objective. This role is also responsible for clearly communicating and guiding the team to achieve the objectives as outlined in conjunction with corporate. We are looking for a business minded leader who can drive sales and positive plan results in the store through superior customer service, events, promotion, and motivation of the staff. The General Manager represents Neiman Marcus in their respective community by upholding the highest standards and protects the brand.
- Plan and execute store budgets and ensure guidelines are being followed to minimize operating expenses and maximize revenue
- Create a friendly, upbeat atmosphere where customer service is consistent with Neiman Marcus standards
- Proactively builds positive and productive relationships with vendors, customers, merchants, etc.
- Provides consistent and frequent communication so all team members are aware of the vision, goals, expectations and status
- Maintains a strong presence on the floor and stays aware of what is happening throughout the day
- Seeks to help others by identifying and meeting the needs of their team, customer, partners, and the community
- Set strategic objectives and set priorities accordingly
- Develop, motivate and train the management team in all aspects of the business
- Recognize great performance and address performance issues
- Review business with the Division Buyers and discuss action plans that will yield position results
- Champion the store's new account and clientele acquisition programs and help motivate the store team to meet these goals
- Customer Focus
- Innovation Management
- Building Effective Teams
- Managing Vision and Purpose
- Motivated and results driven
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to trouble shoot and problem solve
- Merchandising/visual set-up skills
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university
- 5+ years of related experience and/or training. Prior retail senior management experience is required.
- Managers must be willing to work a flexible schedule based on business need, which will include evenings, weekends and holidays.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required.