Our client, a global manufacturing organization is seeking an experienced Operations Management professional to join their team, located in the Midwest, to work in the capacity of VP and General Manager. The chosen candidate will be responsible for developing, implementing and on-going management of a Transportation strategy in line with external benchmarks for more than 10 Parts Distribution Warehouses, 60+ Manufacturing Plants and all North American Dealers. The ideal candidate will possess a depth and breadth of experience providing strategic direction, leadership and has operational responsibility to guide engagement and deployment of Transportation services across business units throughout the America's region.
*Accountable for day to day results in terms of quality, performance and cost, meeting or exceeding agreed upon KPI (key performance indicators), designing holistic transportation solutions for a complex network across all modes of conveyance (road, rail, parcel, air).
* Manage personnel located in multiple locations throughout the USA, Mexico and Brazil including On Site Transportation representatives located at several Manufacturing Plants and Distribution Centers.
* Operational oversight of an in-house Transportation Load Planning Center, plus a US/Mexico Cross Dock.
* Understand compliance to US laws as well as other countries in the Americas, understand Forwarder/Broker management, Free Trade Programs, Export Controls, Restricted Party screening, Country of Origin requirements, and duty regimes.
* Collaborate and partner with senior leaders, Plant Managers, Supply Chain Managers, Product Supply Managers, and Carriers.
* Ensure alignment with Transportation and customer Accounting / Business Resources teams.
* Provide monthly financial performance summaries to customers, variance reporting on service charges and freight cost.
* Define and track Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
* Provide accurate and timely reporting on KPIs, with root cause corrective action analysis reporting for metrics below target.
Best Industry ? Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Transportation
Best Department ? Operations Management
Bachelor's Degree in a Supply Chain, Transportation Management or a related field is required. MS or MBA is a very strong plus. APICS certification is preferred.
15 or more years of progressive experience in Transportation, Logistics or Supply Chain Management is required.
5+ years of experience in dynamic load planning including managing load planning centers is required.
Experience using Transportation Management Systems such as JDA, Oracle OTM, and Mercury Gate is required.
Previous experience with transportation cost drivers, supply chain management practices, building optimal networks and the metrics required to successfully manage cost and performance is required.
Previous experience in import and export controls is required.
Experience managing a large international and domestic staff is required.
Demonstrated success leading teams to deliver complex goals and projects and / or demonstrated success growing and executing logistics capabilities and /or leading and inspiring teams across multiple regions
Lean, 6 Sigma, or other Continuous Improvement experience is required.
Experience utilizing MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, etc.) is required.
Strong verbal and written communication skills (Verbal, written and interpersonal) are required.
Ability to function effectively in a fast paced environment and multi-tasking is required.
Up to 25% Domestic/International Travel is required
US Citizens or Green Card holders only apply.