VP - General Manager
Due to continued growth, I’m helping one of my long-time clients, an American public company, find good people for two newly created positions within their organization:
- Vice President-General Manager for their growing Medical Business Unit. Zimmer, Medtronics, etc. are some of their customers for the precision engineered components they manufacture.
- Vice President General Manager for their growing Electrical Business Unit. Honeywell, Siemens, Schneider Electric are some of their customers for this business unit.
Your office will be located in the New England states, traveling to the manufacturing facilities as needed.
Competitive compensation packages (salary, performance bonus, options) and a nice runway for career advancement. The company is very entrepreneurial-minded, growing both organically and through acquisitions. A robust company culture.
The Vice President-General Managers are responsible for guiding the direction of all of the Operational and Plant Managers for their respective Business Units at all manufacturing locations, currently comprised of 6 manufacturing plants for Medical, 7 manufacturing plants for Electrical.
Manufacturing operations for Medical are in the Southeast and Midwest states. China eventually. For Electrical - Southeast, West, Midwest, Mexico, and China.
You will insure alignment of all locations with the overall direction and targets of the company, reporting directly to the Senior Vice President-General Manager of the company.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s /Masters’ Degreerequired. Engineeringpreferred
• Minimum of 15+ years in a leadership role related to high-volume engineered components, preferably related to medical or electrical devices
• Highly motivated to create, implement and enforce continuous improvement
• Ability to present to Executive Leadership Team
• Project management experience
• Ability and willingness to travel to meet with prospective and current customers, suppliers and multiple international manufacturing locations as needed.
• Strong managerial, planning, organizational, decision-making skills
• Past/present involvement with business development
• Demonstrated leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills
• Extensive experienceworking with staff to manage finance and accounting
Financially healthy and growing company. Great executive team with a ‘can-do’ business culture.
Good opportunity for a qualified and interested person. Runway to advance career within the company.
If you’d like to discuss either of the positions, please send me your current resume with your career overview in the email, and we can have a conversation.