VP Food and Agribusiness
The VP Food and Agribusiness leads and directs the efficient and effective development of client relationships; provides creative, valuable solutions to client problems; and provides value-added service by cross-selling all of the organization’s financial services to existing clients when a need has been identified. This individual will actively participate in the development and implementation of the Core Markets Team vision and strategies. The incumbent is responsible for planning, organizing, and implementing Core Markets Team operational activities in a defined region to achieve our business goals and objectives. Leads sales and marketing efforts in the Wisconsin Food & Agribusiness markets, specifically targeting dairy processors.
Successful candidates will perform:
· Strategic Planning: Actively participates with other individuals in Core Markets in the development and implementation of Core Market’s vision and strategies to meet organizational objectives. This individual must remain updated on current developments and trends in the marketplace, including competitive products, services, and strategies. Influences key decisions made on behalf of the organization, including those impacting new business development, and other services.
· Client Service: Leads the efficient and effective development of client relationships; provides creative, valuable solutions to client problems; and provides value-added service by cross-selling all of the organization’s financial services to existing clients when a need has been identified. Develops, implements, and maintains the appropriate systems and structures to support a relationship selling culture. Develops and implements public relations, client education, and client relations programs to enhance client service levels.
· Business Development: Develops and implements business plans, marketing programs, and business development programs that enable the organization to meet its business development objectives. May participate in the development of new products/services and/or the development of product promotion campaigns in collaboration with the Compeer Marketing team.
· Community Involvement: Develops and maintains a significant “professional presence” throughout the specific industry. Maintains active involvement in various related professional groups. Sought out to make frequent formal presentations to various local and regional agricultural groups. Viewed as an expert in food storage market.
Successful candidates will have:
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing, economics, finance, business administration or a related agricultural field; or equivalent work experience;
· Master’s Degree/MBA or other related advanced degree is desired;
· Minimum 10 years of progressively more responsible sales, marketing, and/or credit experience, including 3 to 5 years’ experience supervising/leading sales or marketing unit, preferably in a financial services organization;
· Strong, proven interpersonal communication, client service and team skills;
· Expert knowledge of sales/marketing and client service principles are essential in area of expertise (food processing, dairy processors);
· Solid computer skills including MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, etc.) and other related accounting and/or report writing software applications;
· Advanced leadership, organizational, problem solving, and negotiation skills;
· Strong motivational, interpersonal, and communications skills in a team environment;
· Represents the organization in community/public situations where excellent public speaking, client service skills, and industry knowledge is needed.
Compeer Financial, headquartered in Sun Prairie, WI, exists to champion the hopes and dreams of rural America like never before. If you are interested in empowering those in agriculture and rural communities to achieve their goals and expand their possibilities, we invite you to learn more about our organization. We are looking for innovative, dynamic and collaborative team members to join our team.
We offer great benefits including:
· Competitive base salary
· Health insurance benefits (medical, dental, vision, etc.)
· 401k (3% Compeer contribution & up to an additional 6% match)
· Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
· Educational assistance
· Training and development programs