Chase Card Services Pricing product team is seeking a VP Manager with a strong software engineering background to lead several of our product agile feature teams. These teams work closely with our business partners/Area Product Owners to build strategic solutions that create memorable moments for our customers.
As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to help lead our teams of innovators and technologists toward creating modern solutions that improve the way our businesses run. Deep knowledge of design, development, problem solving, testing and integrating products is critical to the success of this function and the person in this role. Experience in various technology delivery concepts including Domain Driven Design, API oriented development, microservice and event based architectures and automation are key. You will lead teams in building cloud based solutions leveraging modern patterns focused on New Banking Architecture.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of leading software development across diverse technologies in an agile product delivery model with a focus on technology modernization, people leadership, and area product relationship responsibility. Having vision and ability to document and communicate that vision thru funding, staffing, and success measures is required. The ideal candidate will be adept at setting strategic direction with partners and have experience solving complex, mission critical problems, internally and externally. The candidate should have excellent communications skills, ability to influence, a product-based mindset and be able to build strong relationships with internal teams and senior leaders.
- Manager of engineering teams in delivery of the product priorities. A strong technical focus on "building the right thing in the right way" to enable high quality solutions that meet customers’ needs.
- Key partner to the Area Product Owner, they will help improve the effectiveness of the Engineering teams through coaching, mentoring and resolution of impediments. They will support the development of the team to high performance and a self-managing team.
- Overall Accountability for the Area Product relationship and technical delivery of 2 to 4 feature teams
- People Development and support: Talent Management, Hiring, Upskilling, Budgeting, Cultivating talent
- Delivery Oversight, Tech oversight - guidance, reviews, modernization
- Partner with leadership team for driving NFR, Modernization initiatives
- Partner with Risk for Risk / Audit requirements as required
- Technology and people leadership towards Objectives & Key Results(OKRs) of the organization as indicated by the intentions of measurements
- Identify product organizational & execution improvements, develop a strategy and plan to address
- Provide analysis and estimation of future work impacting our teams
- Provide technical oversight to scrum masters/project managers during implementation and enhancement sprint cycles
- Strong talent assessment and talent management background
- Mentor team members to progress their technical and professional skills
- Build and maintain relationships with internal (business and technology team members) and third party partners
- Triage technical issues and lead teams toward solving problems
- Plan team capacity to accommodate demands
- Bachelors or higher degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 7+ years’ experience in developing Enterprise solutions
- 5+ years of managing technical Delivery teams and enterprise products.
- Experience in leading or delivering solutions in large scale software development with experience using modern technology (e.g. Java, Cassandra, Kafka) and design patterns (e.g. microservices, APIs)
- Experience in cloud technologies and patterns.
- Experience with automation techniques including CI/CD.
- Experience with large legacy platform decomposition, main frame, Hadoop, Hive a plus.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good problem solving skills and ability to develop a strategy & plan d
- Strong organizational, management, and people development skills.
- Ability to see big picture and attention to detail