A growing number of Signature centers are earning Five-Star ratings from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. We were also named one of Modern Healthcare’s "Best Places to Work" three times! Signature’s culture is unparalleled and founded on three pillars: Learning, Spirituality, and Innovation. Come see what the Revolution is all about!
As VP of Finance for the Sunbelt region (Florida and Georgia), you will serve as a key business partner at the heart of the organization who drives bottom line results and efficiencies. The VP of Finance will help us understand our current state and how to assess and execute against future priorities for the assigned region of FL and GA.
Duties will include:
- Coordinate and administer an adequate plan for control of operations. Such plan provides profit planning, forecasts, expense budgets, accounts receivable, costs reimbursement statements and saving opportunities, and capital investing, together with the necessary controls and procedures to effectuate the plan.
- Understand healthcare reimbursement, specifically Medicare, Medicaid, the RUG category system, Case Mix payment structure, the MDS process, Managed Care systems, Medicare guidelines and general understanding of State and Federal regulations related to Cost reporting, CON laws, bed management and rate setting.
- Effectively explain the AR process relating to the account aging process, collection/payment cycles, sequential billing requirements and bad debt methodology. Participate in AR aging reviews with appropriate leaders and departments.
- Measure, monitor, analyze and report financial data and information with the ability to identify key elements of performance through exercises such as trend and variance analysis.
- Other special projects and duties, as assigned.
The right candidate will:
- Be a Respected leader with COMPASSION, TEAMWORK, RESPECT, INTEGRITY, PATIENCE, and POSITIVITY
- A licensed Nursing Home Administrator and located in the Florida or Georgia area and will be able to travel tothe different locations
- have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance (required)
- have a minimum of eight (8) years related experience ideally in skilled nursing / long term care setting, obtained through increasingly responsible management roles within Finance
- have a minimum of two (2) years of recent experience as a Controller, with responsibility for accounts, budgeting, cost accounting, credit and collections, and finance; preferably managing annual revenues over $75M
- Must have a working knowledge of manual and automated accounting systems, well-developed financial analysis capabilities, and demonstrated abilities to management microcomputer operations and applications. Knowledge of company software systems (i.e. Kronos, Quickcare, UltiPro, RNet, YGL, DSSI, etc)
- Must have Resource utilization skills as demonstrated by prior efficient and effective use of facility staff, facility funds
8 years: You must have a minimum of eight (8) years related experience ideally in skilled nursing / long term care setting, obtained through increasingly responsible management roles within Finance
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employeeswho have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access tocompensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent withthe contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.