We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
YOUR AMBITION CAN TAKE YOU TO A BETTER PLACE.
As a Schwab Financial Consultant, you’ll need an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for building a growing practice focused on client needs. If you are looking to build relationships with your clients by listening to their goals and providing objective advice and solutions that are clear, relevant, and actionable, you may be ready for a career worth owning.
Schwab Financial Consultants:
- Are launched with a practice of existing Schwab clients that they build upon with the full backing, support, and extensive resources of Schwab.
- Are compensated for the solutions and value they deliver to clients.
- Partner with specialists across the company who help them achieve their personal and professional goals, which are always set high and client-focused.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The Financial Consultant position is part of our Branch Network, which is responsible for providing wealth management and financial planning advice to individuals and families. Managing wealth on behalf of our clients may include: retirement planning, education planning, investment management, and estate planning, as well as partnering with specialists to offer banking, insurance, and lending solutions. In this capacity, the Financial Consultant is responsible for providing an exceptional investorexperience for clients with more than $250,000 in assets. Financial Consultants also focus on developing referrals as well as increasing net asset flow and offering advised solutions.
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- A desire to change the way you look at your career
- An entrepreneurial spirit and drive
- A compass that points toward doing right by clients at every opportunity
- A minimum of four years’ financial services experienceworking withretail clients, with proven success in providing advice and consultation, and in managing, developing, and expanding client relationships
- Strong industry and market knowledge
- Excellent consultative, interpersonal, and communication skills
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package.
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts.
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program.
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions.
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships.
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life.
Learn more aboutLife@Schwab.
EDUCATION, LICENSES, AND DESIGNATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degreerequired
- A valid and active Series 7 license is required
- A valid and active Series 66 (63/65) license is required (may be obtained within a 90-day condition of employment)
- A valid and active Life and Health Insurance license is required (may be obtained within a 120-day condition of employment)
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®) certification is preferred
Pursuant to SAFE Act requirements, all employees engaged in residential loan mortgage originations must register with the NMLS registry system and remain in good standing. You will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process
Schwab Financial Consultants receive a total compensation package, which includes a competitive base salary, incentives, and a bonus structure derived from each individual Financial Consultant’s performance and production.