Soundstripe is seeking an experienced financial leader to manage all aspects of accounting, finance, and risk management, ensuring that processes and controls are implemented and in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles. This role will also lead financial forecasting and budgeting, equity and debt management, and play an integral role with our executive team including board preparation and presentations.
An ideal candidate will have 10+ years of managerial accounting and financial management experience, preferably in a rapidly growing startup environment. As a rapidly growing company, experience with accounting software implementation and developing a scalable team is also a priority for the company.
As VP of Finance, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Directing all accounting and finance functions including policy, processes, and software management.
- Managing the performance, growth, and development of finance and accounting personnel.
- Providing timely reporting and insights to all stakeholders – executive management, department heads, board, and investors.
- Managing vendor relationships including insurance.
- Maintaining and managing budget and financial model.
- Managing annual audit.
- Managing tax planning and compliance with all required federal, state, local, payroll, property, and other applicable taxes.
- Interacting with venture capital partners, financial institutions, and board of directors.
- Managing cash flow on a bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, and rolling 90-day basis.
- Recommending and tracking benchmarks for measuring Soundstripe’s financial and operating performance.
- Supporting product and enterprise sales for pricing and profitability analysis.
- Coordinating financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Modeling high ethics and integrity.
- Inspiring strategic thinking, creative problem solving, and thoughtful financial analysis.
- Performing other finance and administrative duties, as required.
Our ideal VP of Finance will embrace and believe in our Core Values. In addition to embodying these values, our VP of Finance will demonstrate the following competencies and skills required for success in this role.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or a related field.
- MBA or Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting preferred.
- CPA is not a requirement, but preferred.
- 10+ years of managerial accounting and financial management experience.
- Previous audit experience.
- GAAP technical accounting knowledge with an emphasis on software-as-a-service (SaaS) revenue recognition accounting and software/content capitalization.
- Familiarity with relevant SaaS valuation metrics, including recurring revenue (MRR/ARR), lifetime value (LTV), customer acquisition cost (CAC), net dollar retention (NDR), and monthly active users (MAU).
- Advanced financial modeling skills, primarily Excel.
- Proficient in PowerPoint or similar presentation software.
- Project/program orientation.
- Experience with the music and/or rights management, preferred.
- Passion to work in a startup environment, and willing to roll up sleeves and build a world class department.