VISION: Q1 results beat target! B2B multi-shift manufacturer with domestic and international customers. Company is profitable and committed to growth. Goal is to double revenues in three years through new products, additional marketing channels, and expanding geography. Leadership is reinvesting in their infrastructure. Culture is empowering, upbeat, and excited about the future.
OPPORTUNITY: Report to CEO and be a business partner across total enterprise. Lead a team of 4 in accounting, finance, and HR. Need a hands-on financial leader who wants to know the * whats* and * whys* that drive the numbers: cash, expenses/costs, inventory, margins, backlog, etc. This is a medium to fast pace business with a lot of SKUs and transactions.
Inherit all core accounting systems and processes functional; however there are key areas to contribute:
* Be visible on the manufacturing floor and get to know the people
* Develop a more robust monthly financial reporting and analysis package
* Partner on development of costing, pricing and margins on new products or for existing products to new markets.
* Develop revenue/sales reporting and commissions
* Get behind manufacturing variances* .cycle counting, labor, material and scrap reporting
* Evaluate internal processes and move to a more paperless environment.
* Contribute on annual budget, short term forecasting, and working capital initiatives.
REQUIREMENTS: BS Accounting required; MBA or CPA ideal. Seek a proactive and value-adding finance leader (e.g. VP Finance, CFO, Finance Director, or Divisional Controller) of a manufacturer. Previous experience in a private equity or VC funded business is a plus. No relocation considered.