The VP of Finance, Americas will assume complete responsibility for all financial and business planning activities associated with the company’s Americas operations. As a senior leader in the company, this person will serve as a key strategic and financial advisor to the company’s leaders in the Americas region and the Chief Financial Officer, with a high degree of participation in the planning, decision-making and execution of the company's strategic plan.
The VP of Finance, Americas is forward looking, operationally involved, market sensitive and attuned to the evolving needs of the organization. This individual will proactively play a leading role in driving Align’s aggressive growth agenda within the Americas region.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all financial aspects of the Americas region including: controllership and compliance, identification and assessment of business opportunities, appropriate prioritization of key initiatives, and implications and risks related to key business issues and important strategic decisions.
- Effectively manage increasing complexity associated with the expanding global footprint of the company’s commercial activities within Latin America, Canada and the US.
- Further develop metrics around the operating performance of the region. Lead the operational changes required to facilitate the growth and success of Align.
- Partner with other senior executives in the formulation of business strategies for the organization and annual financial planning and goal setting for the Americas supporting the business as a whole.
- Monitor ongoing performance against these objectives; identify potential problems and initiate appropriate corrective action to keep the company on target.
- Ensure the selection, development, motivation and retention of a global financial management team that effectively interacts, advises, and influences the operating counterparts they support.
- A seasoned financial executive who has a passion and a demonstrated success record of helping drive company performance as a trusted and respected finance partner with the company’s business leaders. Such accomplishments would include evidence of leadership roles in helping analyze and drive positive business outcomes.
- Such roles would include commercial finance; strategic planning and execution of commercial activities; overseeing and driving business navigation through management reporting systems and processes; and to a lesser extent, M&A support including business case development/evaluation and post integration. Past experience in an operating finance role a definite plus.
- A seasoned financial executive who can implement processes/organizational structure, key performance metrics, and reporting systems – helping grow the business while containing costs effectively and scaling efficiently with customer demands.
- Proven record of accomplishment of implementing change and simplifying/streamlining complexity within a business.
- Prior experience working with a complex geographically dispersed, multi-location, multi-business line organization – identifying and implementing the most effective management systems, reporting, and controls.
- History of setting and achieving the highest standards of performance for the team; someone truly recognized for attracting great talent, building a strong bench, and providing exceptional financial leadership to the organization.
Education and Experience
- Degree in Accounting or Finance; preferably MBA and/or CMA or CPA certification
- 15+ years of progressive financeexperience, preferably inclusive of both public accounting and muitinational corporate experience.
- A balanced “portfolio” of professional experience including rigorous financial training within an excellent financial organization. This would include earlier career positions either within public accounting or within industry with direct exposure to, and application of GAAP within a public company setting with additional exposure to international tax and treasury operations ideal.
- A history of a strong advisory relationship with the CFO and/or senior line executives, based on expertise, intellect, and a direct, open, candid style. This would include the willingness to support and or challenge corporate initiatives, as appropriate, while helping to develop a solution set mentality for critical business issues.
- A proven and successful record of accomplishment of financial and operational success, ideally in a similar role and at a similar level in an international public company enterprise. While experience in the medical industry would be a plus, experience with multi-level go-to-market activities including professional and consumer advertising, promotion campaigns, and consumer/customer education, are highly desired. The role requires a finance executive who has previously helped scale a company effectively and rapidly.