Reports to the Senior VP, Space Systems Group. The VP, Finance & Business Operations supports the Space Systems Group Business Area efforts towards the achievement of business and program financial and operational objectives, performance goals, strategic planning and new business pursuits, Financial/program resource planning, and overall business operations.
This role serves as the core liaison between the Space Systems Group and Corporate Finance & Business Operations to support and fulfill their Financial and Programmatic performance management and compliance responsibilities.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner with Business Area and functional leadership in the development and execution of its overall financial, resource, and business operations strategy
- Serve as liaison between Business Area and Corporate Services functions regarding financial and business operations goals and objectives, compliance, and reporting requirements.
- Lead local business operations team regarding full program life cycle management (capture, baselining, execution and tracking, financial performance, and closeout)
- Guide the timely and accurate development of Business Area annual Financial Management Plan (FMP) and recurring Financial Management Reporting (FMR) packages. Emphasis on Cash, Orders, Revenue, Earnings, and indirect rate management
- Partner with Corporate Services in the strategic vision of establishing and maintaining business management industry best practices
- Lead Business Area initiatives for business case and Return on Investment (ROI) development for strategic investments necessary to support current and future business activities, including bid and proposal (B&P) development, research and development (R&D), capital expenditures, and work at risk (WAR).
- Participate as Business Area Finance & Business Operations lead on Enterprise Resource Planning Committee (ERPC) for M&A, new business entity set up, due diligence, financial modeling develop, and Digital Transformation initiatives.
- Lead, coach, and develop Business Area Finance & Business Operations staff
- Effective executive communications using executive summary templates
- Perform other duties as assigned
- FMAP/T – Lead business area teams in the timely and accurate development of annual financial plans, monthly and quarterly financial tracking, effective rate management, forecasting accuracy, and early identification of significant financial trends.
- PMAP/T – Provide finance & business operations leadership to program teams regarding baseline setup and management, cost and schedule analysis, supply chain performance evaluations, EAC realism, risk and opportunity evaluations, and Earned Value Management and PMAP/T process compliance.
- CMAP and Proposal Development – Provide finance & business operations leadership to capture teams regarding pricing strategies, with emphasis on RFP financial requirements and templates, cost realism aligned with technical approach, profit positions commensurate with win strategy and risk profiles, invoicing structure to maximize cash position, and Estimating system compliance. Support customer negotiations as needed.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENTS:
The role is measured on Business Area achievement of annual Performance Targets and individual achievement of performance objectives.
- Minimum of 10 years of professional business management experience, and at least 5 years of leadership experience
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree highly preferred
- Successful track record in delivering results, and a positive reputation within related industries (e.g. technology, military, government, engineering, or aerospace); may also have mid-market company experience working in Aerospace and Defense-related corporations
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of business management, finance and program management current trends, best practices, ethics, laws and regulations
- Evidence of strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to defend ideas, respect the ideas of others, and be receptive to considering and integrating alternative perspectives
- Background with US government contracts covered by FAR/CAS requirements
- Proven leadership skills, financial responsibility, and ability to be a trusted advisor, with demonstrated successful progressive leadership experience
- A demonstrated strategic thinker, proven capable of integrating diverse inputs, encouraging innovation, and challenging the status quo
- Demonstrated success in recruiting, building, developing, coaching, and retaining a highly-motivated, high-performing team
- Strong innovative problem-solving capabilities
- Successful, progressive leadership experience working in a highly-matrixed environment
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance is required