The Business Analyst is a key member of a team of functional and systems analysts and project management responsible for proactively meeting and exceeding the diverse needs of the University community and of Service Excellence Transformation. The Business Analyst works as a catalyst for new growth within SET by leading mid to large scale process analysis, review and implementation and provides technical guidance and support to the Functional Analysts and Systems Analysts.
- Leads medium to large scale multi-disciplinary Business Process reviews for unit and processes within SET. Responsible for a program of constant review and improvement for SET including implementation of process improvements within the program.
- Analyzes business requirements originating from SET strategy, and structural reorganization and translates those requirements into improved business process, improved and more efficient service delivery, reduction of effort through automation and/or task simplification. Works closely with team members, Service Providers, Financial Analysts, Functional Analysts System Analysts, Functional Analysts, Project Managers and Project Management Lead to translate business needs into solutions. Meets with stakeholders to review business requirements and provide options, advice, or recommendations regarding business process change, system functionality, or general performance improvements.
Policy, Procedures, and Training
- Provides expert guidance, advice and training on business process mapping and business analysis for SET.
- In collaboration with the project team members, Project Management Lead develops and maintains training programs and reference manuals
- In collaboration with the Project Management Lead, provides recommendations to the program in the implementation of new processes and procedures.
- In collaboration with Team Leads and Specialists, develops and implements quality management procedures and methods
- Responsible for supporting the development, implementation and execution of the SET program to continuously review and improve processes. Facilitates all constituent groups within SET to stay committed to the continuous improvement cycle.
- Works with Teams to ensure business requirements are built to the client's expectations
- Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of designated projects to ensure that goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed timeframes
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify risks, and devise contingency plan
- Related post-secondary diploma or degree in Computing Science or Management Information Systems.
- Certification in a Business Analysis program certified by International Institute of Business Analysts.
- Minimum 4 years of progressing increasing responsibility in a business analyst role.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Project, Process mapping tools
- Broad knowledge of University systems and the interdependencies of processes and workflows.
Experience and competencies:
- Three years business analysis experience related to business process review and software implementations and support required.
- Ability to work independently or within a team setting.
- Previous experience as a project team member and the use of business analysis and project management methodologies preferred—Agile.
- Group facilitation skills beneficial.
- A demonstrated aptitude for improving processes and performance
- A logical and analytical mind with an aptitude for problem solving.
- Organized and self-motivated.
- The ability to work harmoniously with others and to communicate effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to accept responsibility.
- Ability to take initiative and is resourceful.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.