Excellent opportunity for an experienced P & C underwriting & agency managment leader to drive growth and profitability in our Minnesota and Wisconsin territories. Drive strategy, underwriting results and agency relationships leading a team of talented Agency Management Specialists and associated support staff with responsibility for generating new business, underwriting and overall agency management. Establish profitable growth strategies for the territory and execute on plans and tactics. Market Selective - building the brand, increasing share of wallet with independent agencies and assist in establishing pricing targets for the territory.
- Develops, articulates, implements and executes strategic plans to meet or exceed territory goals, relentlessly pursuing profitable business and share of wallet (SOW) through the leadership and supervision, training, coaching and monitoring of AMS activities and goals. Effectively articulates detailed territory strategy to executives and agency stakeholders.
- Exhibits critical business acumen and data analysis to help establish pricing targets, determine profitable segments to target, direct AMS actions to become more efficient to help achieve the goal of profitable new business goals.
- Partners with regional and corporate management to establish financial goals for the territory. Giving and receiving candid feedback and using new perspectives to improve territory performance.
- Identifies new agency appointments, develops plans for under-performing agents and works with agency partners to reach SOW goals for the territory.
- Exhibits a good working knowledge of current business conditions, insurance market conditions, the competition and territory specific issues. Uses this information to cultivate strong business relationships, overcome obstacles and find common ground for pursuing business opportunities.
- Builds an effective team by developing and executing consistent agency management practices through the AMS staff. Provides updates and communicates expectations related to activity, production, customer service and market opportunity within territory. Identifies opportunities for performance acceleration and initiates plans for continuous improvement.
- Oversees activities, workflows and productivity of staff to ensure compliance with company, regulatory, consumer and technical standards. Promotes the use of technology to improve overall efficiency, productivity and service levels both internally and externally. Establishes procedures and controls to ensure accomplishment of service standards and appropriate training and development plans based on individual and territory needs.
- Develops effective internal and external collaborative partnerships across claims, safety management, regional underwriting, corproate underwriting, actuarial and other related functions to understand business developments and establish a support network to address business and customer service needs.
- Works with regional management and AMSs in preparing and participating in a variety of meeting forums, including conferences, producer council meetings and regional sales meetings.
- Travel within territory traveling to agency offices, conferences and meetings. Occasional travel to Corporate offices in New Jersey.
- 10+ years Commercial P&C insurance industry underwriting, Agency Management, Marketing or field sales experience.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired; MBA or other related graduate level degreepreferred
CPCU or other relevant industry designation preferred.
- Sales management/leadership experience strongly preferred.
- Must have a valid state-issued driver’s license in good standing and be able to drive an automobile.
- Demonstrated superior leadership capability.
- Excellent relationship building, networking and customer service skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to articulate strategy to a variety of audiences.
- Strong underwriting, marketing, sales, data analytics, financial acumen.
- Ability to motivate, lead, develop and retain a high-performing sales staff.
- Demonstrated excellent sales, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated drive, dependability and integrity.
Job ID 5852