A day in the life…
- Advises the Senior Vice President/COO regarding the operations in Facilities and Support Services.
- Guides and directs the construction, renovation and repair of Facilities according to the Hospital’s mission and vision.
- Provides oversight for all Plant Operations (Building Maintenance, Engineering, Grounds, Safety and Security).
- Oversees the management of the tenant space in the Hospital’s Medical Office Buildings. Facilitates various real estate transactions by working with realtors, appraisers, architects, designers and legal counsel.
- Guides and directs the activities and provides management oversight for the Environmental Services and Food & Nutrition Services departments concerning quality of services to ensure that operations are consistent with the hospital’s mission, vision and values.
- Ensures the accurate, efficient and cost-effective operations of all departments under the Vice President by providing management oversight and by developing and monitoring operating and capital budgets.
- As a member of Hospital senior management, actively participates in problem resolution , consistent with the Hospital’s mission and vision.
- Contributes to the development of long and short-range strategic plans, consistent with the Hospital's mission and vision.
- Ensures compliance with Joint Commission, CMS, Hospital policies and procedures, firs safety codes, hazardous material regulations, construction codes. State licensing restrictions, Federal regulation on safety and facilities design, and other regulations and regulatory entities.
What we need (requirements)…
- Bachelors – Engineering or related field
- At least 8 years of previous health care managerial experience.
- Extensive knowledge of construction, building and equipment maintenance, knowledge of regulatory entities and security functions.
- Ability to communicate effectively under stressful conditions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What we ask for (preference)…
- Masters - Engineering or related field.