Sales and Marketing Support
- The ESP is responsible for member retention and for contributing toward growth in the region through direct support of Gartner Sales in prospect cultivation, account plan development and value demonstration activities
- The ESP is responsible for hosting and /or participating in periodic onsite member activities, including workshops, research analyst visits (where appropriate), roundtables and webinars (in collaboration with Gartner Research)
- The ESP supports research activities, such as facilitating member participation in research studies or case panels.
- The ESP will be aligned with and leverage Gartner research positions and initiatives as well as provide feedback from the member base to the research organization.
- The ESP works with research analysts to develop and deliver CSO relevant research.
- Define and deliver innovative solutions by assessing member needs and developing a customized value plan in accordance with overall Gartner Sales strategy and Gartner Sales product deliverables.
- Work with members in Business Services, Pharmaceuticals, Industrial Manufacturing, Insurance, Telecomm, and Financial Services to further their levels of Sales maturity through delivery of research, peer networking, and coaching.
- Critique client strategies, guide clients in building their organizations, and assist in developing sales strategies, establishing priorities, and planning for implementation around key sales initiatives.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with various internal groups to create a comprehensive, well designed sustainable set of key deliverables for clients (including targeted research, personal coaching sessions, scripted analyst sessions, involvement with appropriate events, etc.)
- Direct and facilitate member peer group calls and/or meetings
Content Development and Management
- Participate in presentations, panels and workshops
- Participate in relevant research communities to keep topic area knowledge current and share member experiences with analysts
- Facilitate member interaction and collaboration through the Sales community portal and assisted member connections
- Lead and participate in local events and roundtables
What you ll need:
Subject Matter Expertise
The ESP must be a senior business executive and have demonstrated topic knowledge in developing and delivering overall Sales strategy, execution and performance improvement. The ESP will be an accomplished current or former SVP, EVP of Sales or CSO, with a broad base of expertise that has operated at a senior leadership level and driven change at all levels.
The ESP is responsible to retain clients in accordance with established Gartner Retention Metrics. In addition, to work closely with Sales to vet and closenewCSO business.
- A university graduate(Masterspreferred) with 10+ years experience working as a SVP, EVP or CSO or in a senior management role in a Sales Executive level capacity; or 5+ years in the capacity with 5+ years in another Sales Executive role
- An in-depth understanding of the Sales Function and the role of the CSO (including leadership, operations management, strategy and trends, use of metrics, etc.)
- In depth understanding of the business value of Sales and the alignment of Business and Sales strategies.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills to assess member situations and provide actionable, outcome-based business advice, and the ability to leverage appropriate (Gartner and other) resources to help clients achieve business results
- Ability to lead and manage ambiguous situations
- Candidates must have excellent interpersonal skills; with a healthy dose of humility and experienceworking with C level executives. This individual should have strong reflective listening skills and the ability to adjust to client cues and needs
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Sales and / or business development experience or ability with CXO level executives
- Strong time/project management skills
- Initial Travel restricted to US and Canada; 50 - 60% travel
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with excellent growth potential, Gartner for Sales Leaders provides exceptionalcompensationand benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Annual bonus potential
- Excellent benefits package
Job Requisition ID:G16234