$200K — $250K *
Responsibilities – Guides, directs and participates in the development of new shows, special events and entertainment; which could include: writing, casting, direction, choreography, music development, design, technical direction & rights negotiations for
Knott’s and Cedar Fair Corporate Entertainment
– Leads Senior Entertainment management in ensuring the hourly performers, technicians, designers, and production teams, as well as contracted talent’s performance integrity is managed and achieves the highest standards of show quality through coaching and quality supervision.
– Develops entertainment product scope and financial needs in order to create budgetary plan. Participates in capital projects planning with other park leaders. Guides labor and expenses spending by working alongside departmental leaders and teams in coordinating/adjusting staffing and expenses within or under budgeted plan.
– Provides vision and creative guidance and direction for the multiple facets of the design, production, and technical teams.
– Develops the division’s teams by ensuring that goals and accountabilities are being met and by providing guidance, direction and collaboration. Plays a key role in the development and execution of staff recognition and appreciation. Promotes team forward growth in areas of professionalism and showmanship through the creation and instilling of department core values. . Effectively evaluates staff and initiates corrective action to resolve performance issues.
– Acts as the primary communication and information resource between Department team members and Corporate and Park leadership. Also communicates to staff, other divisions, GM, and Corp VP of Cedar Fair Entertainment the planning and strategies of short and long-term show product and events
– Adheres to and enforces all Cedar Fair and specific park polices and procedures, including safety, attendance and EEO policies, and demonstrates commitment to creating memorable guest experiences.
– Collaborates with GM and other park departments to create new opportunities (Festivals, special events, merchandise items, marketing ideas, park attractions) that will not only generate untapped revenue, but will create unique, brand specific, guest experiences.
– Stays aware of industry trends and technologies and envisions new ways they might be incorporated into department, park and company product.
** VP of Entertainment will: Provide general management, creative leadership, professional protocol, and fiscal competencies for the Entertainment Division and ensure that Knott’s and Cedar Fair policies, rules of conduct, service standards, safety standards and core
values are being met. Keeps work groups operating efficiently and sees that communication between all appropriate parties is timely and accurate. Also ensures proper training and documentation is current and accurate.
Education: (Equivalent work experience may be substituted for some of the education requirements).
Required: Bachelor’s Degree – Theatre, Themed Entertainment Design & Management
Preferred: Masters Degree – Theatre, Themed Entertainment Design & Management
Work Experience: 6 – 8 years
Is Travel Required? Yes – 10%
– Must have strong knowledge of all aspects of theatre (Technical/Production/Development/Design). Strong people skills – ability to work with strong personality types. Able to work well under pressure (Deadlines/Performer & Guest issues). Strong creative vision
– Theater performance and directing background (Musical theater, improv, interactive, dance) Themed Entertainment design and operations history; Strong creative skill (writing, directing, producing – performance).
Valid through: 6/16/2021