The Vice President, Enterprise and Venue Management Systems, manages the enterprise and venue systems portfolio from strategy and project concept through deployment and stabilization. The role will lead applications in support of business areas including Entertainment, Venues, Facilities, Guest Experience, Corporate and Media. The VP Enterprise and Venue Systems will oversee the development, implementation, and use of technology in these areas, working closely with business sponsors and other stakeholders.
In addition, the VP Enterprise and Venue Systems will drive strategic planning and provide leadership to core teams comprising of application development, business analysis, and software testing. Critical systems in the portfolio include Point of Sales, mobile POS applications, Ticketing, Merchandise and Inventory management, Food and Beverage and Hospitality, Event Management, Security and other systems to support venue operations. Areas of responsibility also include determining business requirements, recommending innovative solutions, and leading organization-wide efforts to improve the effective use of technology. Drive software design and development best practices.
This position reports to Senior Vice President IT - Software. Other principal working relationships include the Executive team, Department Managers, vendors and consultants.
Specific Functions/Activities Summary
- Serve as a member of the MSG technology leadership team as a direct report to SVP – IT Software.
- Responsible for managing stakeholder relationships to gain agreement on business priorities and preparing business cases in line with MSG's technology investments. Work closely with leadership across departments to collaborate and provide guidance on the implementation of diverse and evolving cloud- based applications and service offerings.
- Incorporate and develop new technologies to encourage innovation with a focus on improved product development speed of execution and quality. Balance the maintenance and improvement of the existing platforms with investments in next-generation initiatives.
- Directing Information Technology initiatives for all business divisions and systems at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall, the Beacon Theatre and any future business or new venues. These initiatives may include, but are not limited to, order management systems, Point of Sale systems, payment card applications, inventory systems, integrations to financial systems, arena operational systems, entertainment systems, media systems, as well as business productivity and collaboration tools such as Sharepoint. Work closely with the business to define requirements and enhancements to the systems listed above and ensure that all feature releases have gone through quality control.
- Work with third party platform providers (for POS, Inventory, Payment card, Media etc.) to define and measure against pre-defined metrics. Ensures that third party providers meet SLAs and adheres to all MSG operational controls and standards.
- Consult with executives to gain a mutual understanding of the requirements and implications of strategic and tactical decisions in technology. Develop productive relationships with business leaders across the organization to influence how applications can enable new sources of value.
- Supplying expertise and staffing for new strategic IT initiatives to ensure customer objectives and organizational goals are met, as well as, providing business analysis and application support on existing business systems
- Provide leadership, vision and direction to the applications organization to ensure it will contribute to the company achieving its goals.
- Work with other IT leaders to develop overall IT strategy in the context of the business strategy.
- Develop and enhance methodologies and practices for the application life cycle management in line with best practice and practical experience of continuous improvement.
- Oversee the development, design, and implementation of business and enterprise applications and changes to existing computer systems and software packages using Microsoft's .Net framework.
- 10+ years of demonstrated leadership experience building cross-organizational consensus with exposure to technology providers and/or business clients, demonstrated experience managing a high-performing, cohesive team, demonstrated experience in liaising with middle and senior management for a mid-size to large public company, 5+ years' experience managing a POS and card payment environment
- Strong communication skills with a proven ability to understand key concepts and communicate effectively with technical staff, business stakeholders and senior management
- Proven ability to communicate technical concepts to nontechnical people to enhance understanding and drive to decisions that lead to positive outcomes
- Proven ability to collaborate, build relationships and influence individuals at all levels in a matrix-management environment (as well as external vendors and service providers) to ensure that segregation and overlapping roles are identified and coordinated
- Substantial exposure to enterprise software applications delivered through on premise and cloud platforms with experience in systems design and development, with demonstrated ability to apply technology in solving business problems
- Recent experience implementing or evaluating the PCI compliance
- Product life cycle experience; track record of managing technology over a span of time
- Strong business process mapping and improvement skills, demonstrated IT enabled business change management experience, demonstrated project and program management skills
- Substantial broad industry and technical awareness to identify technology opportunities and align these to the business needs in the entertainment, retail and
- Strong Vendor management skills
- Developing and communicating organizational objectives; inspiring and motivating team members to achieve results, building organizational talent by creating a learning environment that ensures employees realize their highest potential.
- Bachelor's degree, in computer science, engineering, finance, business management or a related field.
Candidates who have completed 60 credits of college-level coursework (representing 2 years), or have shown similar self-development through certifications, trade school coursework, etc. are preferred.
Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role.
At MSG we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! MSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, sexual and reproductive health choices, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, MSG complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in all locations.