Reporting to the VP, Enterprise Risk, this role will support the ERM processes of Synchrony Financial and Synchrony Bank with primary responsibility for the management and administration of the Enterprise Risk Management Committee (ERMC) and the Risk Committee of the Board (RC). In addition, this individual will advance the existing Enterprise Risk Assessment (ERA) process integrating ad hoc analysis and reporting. Further, this individual will coordinate an Independent Risk Management view of Strategic Initiatives and help support the development and monitoring of the Risk Appetite Statement.
- Support the management and administration of the ERMC and RC including:
- Conducting annual review of Charters and associated gap analyses;
- Developing agendas and meeting materials;
- Participating in the Committee meetings ensuring all administrative components are addressed.
- Maintain log of all agenda items and associated follow-ups, managing closure and presentation as necessary.
- Complete ERMC Minutes, obtaining legal approval as required.
- Manage sub-committee escalation criteria.
- Support the Enterprise Risk Assessment Process:
- Conduct risk analysis to identify materials risks for escalation to ERMC / RC as appropriate;
- Align / integrate Risk Assessment processes to support one consolidated view of risks.
- process working across risk pillars;
- Management Pillars;
- Support initiatives to drive a consistent enterprise-wide approach across Risk
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, Economics or Risk Management with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in relevant Finance, Audit and/or Risk Management roles (or in lieu of a bachelor’s degree15years of relevant experience in Finance/Audit or Risk Management roles with emphasis in data analysis, process and project management).
- 7+ years’ experience in the consumer finance industry.
- Prior ERM or Risk/Finance experience in a consumer financial institution
- Strong leadership skills working within a matrixed environment
- Excellent project management skills as well as written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with consumer lending products and practices
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, including Excel Macros
- Knowledge of SAS or similar tools
- Sharp focus on accuracy with extreme attention to detail
Job ID: 1800000116