Our mission: to eliminate every barrier to mental health.
Spring Health is the leading comprehensive mental health benefit for employers. We help employees understand their mental health issues and connect with best-in-class providers to get the right treatment at the right time.
From early detection to full recovery, Spring Health is the only clinically validated solution in the market proven to be more effective than traditional mental healthcare. By combining the latest technology with vetted providers, we help engage 1 in 3 employees, reduce recovery times, and lower healthcare costs. We are an award-winning, passionate, and mission-driven team with the support of leaders in psychiatry. We have raised over $100M to date from prominent VCs including Tiger Global, Northzone, Rethink, Work-Bench, RRE, and General Catalyst.
Reporting to the Co-Founder/Chief Product Officer, the VP of Engineering will be responsible for providing technical direction and putting the pertinent roles and processes in place around staffing, improving hiring practices, and scaling an already diverse team through a diversity, equity, and inclusion lens.
What you'll be doing
- Own your engineering team. Including all day-to-day operations, long-term strategy and growth plans, budgeting, hiring/retaining/growing your Directors and Managers, set performance goals and ensure that the team accomplishes them
- Contribute to the executive team, guiding strategic decisions and resource allocation across the whole company.
- Define Engineering strategies and ensure that processes meet the evolving needs of the business
- Determine OKRs, project planning, budgeting and resource requirements to accomplish projects and support our growing user base
- Manage engineering morale, retention, culture, and performance, by facilitating team outings, online gatherings, career growth opportunities, and psychological safety
- Provide professional development, coaching, mentorship, and cultivate emerging leaders for the organization
What we expect from you
- You have a background in enterprise SaaS
- You have represented the engineering function at the highest level of the business
- You have managed & scaled your Engineering team during hyper-growth periods (more than 4X year over year growth in revenue and/or headcount)
- You have built and led a distributed eng team
- You have strong team-building skills, and can scale headcount while maintaining velocity and efficiency
- You understand and can balance expectations and needs between engineering and the rest of the business
- You have a bias towards action
- You enjoy growth opportunities and taking ownership
Why you'll like working at Spring Health
- High caliber team: make an impact on something that truly helps people alongside an incredible team
- Big mission: we're revolutionizing the mental health industry
- Big market and big upside in sales: Our product has strong product-market fit in a huge market with strong demand
- The challenge: own your function at a hypergrowth company scaling through IPO
- We care about diversity: diversity allows us to build an excellent patient experience. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
In addition to finding people who are truly excellent at what they do, we take our values at Spring Health seriously:
Members Come First We are genuine member advocates.
Move Fast to Change LivesWe build with urgency and intention.
Take Ownership We extend trust and hold ourselves accountable.