We are seeking a strategic leader of software engineering, one who brings strong and informed points in enhancing our product and technology vision. A successful candidate will have topnotch people management experience, sharp business acumen, big-picture strategic vision, an innate collaborative style, and strong technology fundamentals. The VP of Engineering is the leader of the Engineering team and will convene the resources, map out the approach, and oversee the technical execution of the company vision and product roadmap.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop a compelling and strategic technical vision and determine how engineering will contribute to achievement of the company vision and goals
- Prepare, manage and optimize budget
- Drive an engineering organization that delivers quality, and reliable software.
- Represent the Engineering team as a member of the Leadership Team
- Lead the development of interview process for ICs and managers alike Instill a hiring culture on the team, including adhering to the hiring process and maintaining a high bar
- Develop and promote processes which will ensure timely delivery
- Seek to understand challenges facing other departments or the company at large and provide input, advice and/or possible solutions
- Develop the staffing plan and execute it, factoring in engineering decisions and professional development
- Coordinate closely with people/recruiting team on hiring strategy
- Achieve results and hold team accountable to deliver on their own professional goals
- Fill in the blanks and verify that the engineering team has right tools, technology, and processes to build quality, scalable and reliable systems
Who You Are:
- 10+ years of experience, with a strong track record of success within great organizations: you’ve been consistently promoted up the chain of responsibility, ideally at multiple companies so they have more than one perspective on technical leadership
- People management / coaching: recognized and helped recruit amazing people, can effectively manage, view feedback as a gift, and developed the team members into successful leaders in their own right
- Player-coach who can jump in and do and ignite the team around an effort and release
- Naturally effective communicator: structured, clear, great listener, can boil complex concepts into straightforward ideas; also knows whom to involve, when, and how
- Hands-on or prior deep programming experience in the following: React/Redux, Node JS
- Experience overseeing IT and the responsibilities that come along with managing IT
- Experience with cloud platform: AWS
- Deep understanding of industry best practices in the context of software engineering technology decisions and execution strategies; related opinionated viewpoints backed by hard experience
- Demonstrated expertise in problem-solving and technical innovation, capable of "rolling-up sleeves and getting hands dirty".
What You’ll Get:
- Free bedding for a great night’s sleep, an awesome discount and $300 worth of free product a year!
- Health, dental and vision benefits with 100% employee coverage offering.
- Flexible vacation packages
- Competitive salary and stock options