As the world's number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
We are a rapidly growing and highly capable team, building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 250 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. With product & engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
The VP of Engineering, Enterprise will drive a diverse range of engineering initiatives focused on helping millions of Enterprise employers make the best possible hires. You will lead a global team to innovate solutions that span search advertising, programmatic advertising, subscription-based sourcing, employer branding and analytics. As one of the most senior Engineering leaders at Indeed, you will shape how we continue to transform the global recruitment industry.
- Architect, plan and direct engineering efforts in partnership with product teams
- Maintain a deep understanding of the current state of systems, architectures, technology stacks, development methodologies, processes, and governance models, keeping them at a high standard of effectiveness as the business grows.
- Design and deliver architectures that can scale to handle our diverse global customer base
- Lead the organization in developing/leveraging new technologies to improve value delivery
- Drive for continuous improvement in processes, systems, and infrastructure
- In partnership with Product leadership, identify high-impact business opportunities, contributing to business models and their revenue streams.
- Served as VP Engineering and/or Chief Technology Officer of a B2B or B2C business that experienced substantial growth, managing at least 100 engineers
- Created a high-performance, transparent environment focused on accountability and results, preferably managing several teams distributed globally
- Proven ability to deliver products that support a large scale of users (millions of UVs and customers), including familiarity with microservices and queues
- Comfortable with product lifecycle testing, embraces a build, measure, learn approach
- Experience evaluating both cloud and non-cloud infrastructure
- Experience with both advertising and subscription models; understands how the intersection of product, data, services and customer experience drives value
- An Engineering foundation by training or by heart; has the technical depth to quickly assess the effectiveness of system architectures and technology stack, development methodologies, and tools to run an efficient software design and development organization
- Experience with and/or comfort with dotted-line reporting structures / influencing roles
- As a leader, excites and inspires peak performance with unquestionable ethics and sound judgement; embraces a roll-up-your-sleeves mentality, with pragmatism and bias for action.