Job Description & Requirements
Leads and directs engineering services activities across the DSD platform required for current and expanding needs, with consideration to technical adequacy, performance and cost; sets and monitors policies and standards governing maintenance of facilities, environmental controls, safety and health, and sustainability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads and directs complete engineering services from concept to completion.
- Recommends projects aligned with the business strategy using data to support the ROI. Participates in analyzing and presenting annual capital expenditures plan and manages the total capital budget.
- Oversees with Finance the total Dean Foods Capital Program (budgeting, approval, cash flow/projections, project tracking/management, facility closures, and audits).
- Develops annual and five-year capital and facility plans.
- Serves as a resource for field projects.
- Partners with R&D on process and packaging innovation.
- Researches engineering innovations for applicability across the dairy industry.
- Implements technology and process improvements to enhance visibility and measurement during milk procurement process.
- Supervises, coaches and develops teams. Manages group budget and expenses.
- Aligns with and support other corporate staff functions in the development and implementation of short-term and long-term plans to meet business objectives.
- Provides strategic/tactical support, along with thought leadership, for reliability and productivity initiatives at Dean Foods
- Acts as key thought leader within the Supply Chain Leadership Team
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degreerequired in Engineering or similar technical field.
- 15+ years related experience, including 3+ years in a senior leadership (Director level or above) role.