Develop and execute enterprise employee relations strategy and manage all employee relations programs to strengthen enterprise decision-making and support achievement of the organization’s goals. Leverage cross-functional partnerships and organizational resources to identify and address significant systemic workplace issues. Drive the development and implementation of workplace policies and programs that ensure enterprise practices support the corporate strategy, optimal people management practices and compliance with regulatory requirements in balance with the needs of employees and other stakeholders. Ensure the effective delivery of employee relations support and services through Employee Relations consulting engagements and programs. Identify and mitigate systemic organizational risk related to complex employment-related matters, business initiatives and crisis management events.
- Consult with and coach managers and employees to align behaviors with best practices, build an inclusive work environment, support a culture of high performance and implement practical solutions to workplace issues. Provide guidance on workplace policies and practices, performance improvement, corrective action, conflict resolution, workplace investigations and employment terminations.
- Collaborate with key HR, business and cross-functional partners to ensure resolution of escalated and complex employee relations issues in alignment with company values and operating principles.
- Coordinate with corporate Compliance, Special Investigations and Legal partners to investigate and respond to employment and regulatory matters and support engagement in legal proceedings.
- Review and revise workplace policies and programs and establish a governance framework to effectively respond to evolving organizational needs and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor internal and external environmental factors to provide strategic consulting on systemic issues, best practices and regulatory compliance. Maintain and review relevant employee relations diagnostics to identify emerging organizational trends and develop mitigating interventions.
- Enhance organizational capabilities through effective employee relations consulting engagements, communications and development interventions to support business objectives, cultural initiatives and build people management skills and knowledge. Collaborate with HR and cross-functional partners to develop and deliver communications and training programs on relevant areas of employment law, workplace policy and programs and management practices.
- Collaborate with HR, Business Resilience and relevant business partners to coordinate crisis management planning and organizational response to crisis events.
- Lead and participate in HR projects and initiatives that are broad in scope. Support enhancements to the HR services delivery model. Provide guidance on business initiatives and decisions with significant employee relations implications.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR Management, Business or related field required
- JD or Advanced degree in related field and SPHR, SHRM-SCP certification preferred
- A minimum of 15 years of progressively responsible Human Resources/Employee Relations experience with comprehensive knowledge of employment law and its application to workplace issues
- Understanding of business parameters sufficient to incorporate business risks into recommendations
- Experience leading teams and influencing enterprise decision-making
- Experience developing workplace programs and policies and consulting on organizational practices
- Ability to effectively leverage resources to respond to critical priorities
- Strong collaboration and consultative skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid critical thinking skills and a commitment to continuous improvement