VP Division Operations
5 - 7 years experience •
This position is primarily responsible for overseeing operational (Construction Department) aspects of a Division and at least one other major department, usually Purchasing/Estimating or Warranty/Customer Care.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversees and manages vertical construction operations and at least one other major department
- Establishes business plan and pricing strategies in conjunction with Division President.
- Manages operating budgets for Profits and Losses.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degreepreferred with 5 - 10 years'experience in homebuilding industry, including management experience.
- Experience in Construction, Purchasing and Estimating and Customer Service in homebuilding industry required.
Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement process improvements.
- Strong management and motivational skills.
- Strong negotiating/problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform under high level of stress and ability to make independent decisions.
- Typical office environment
- Construction sites where temperature, weather and noise may vary; may encounter electrical, dust, poor ventilation, dangerous machinery and moving objects and toxic conditions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Additionally, an employee's job duties may change at any time, in the company's sole discretion.