The Division Vice President plans, manages, and executes all distribution-related functions to achieve goals consistent with division profitability and provide excellent service to client’s customers and teammates.
- Recommend distribution operating budget along with capital expenditure requirements; effectively administer, monitor, control, and develop the systems and policies necessary to achieve effective distribution expense control.
- Be accountable for compliance with federal, state, and local regulations governing our distribution centers and Transportation departments by monitoring implementation and practice to ensure compliance.
- Maintain a safe and secure environment for teammates; adhere to safety programs, procedures, and policies.
- Provides distribution teammates with training required to complete their job along with cross-training those who may have career advancement material quality.
- Responsible for total inventory management by ensuring the compliance of receiving and inventory control procedures.
- Have a bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field.
- Have at least 10 years of outbound and inbound warehousing and transportation experience, preferably in the grocery or foodservice industry.
- Have at least 4 years of planning, analytical, and/or reporting experience, preferably in positions of increasing responsibility.
- Be experienced in managing large warehouse and transportation staffs with a background in hiring, training, motivating and resolving employee relations issues.
- Possess detailed understanding of financial statements and resulting cost implications.
- Have the ability to identify financial issues and provide cost-effective solutions.