Manages Land Development Department(s) including routine daily management of staff.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees flow of work for department(s) by directing and coordinating with manager(s)/supervisor(s) and administrative staff.
- Performs all aspects of contract process, including preparing scopes of work, invitations to bid, bid lists, accurate takeoffs, bid negotiation, awarding of contract and management of change orders.
- Reviews and tracks all offsite plans, including grading, sewer, water, storm drain, streets, walls (freestanding and retaining), fencing, slope landscape and model complexes. Coordinates design to meet budget and schedule with Civil Engineers, Landscape Architects, Geotechnical Engineers and Structural Engineers.
- Initiates, tracks and maintains all Development budgets in JD Edwards accounting system, including coordination with Forward Planning and Accounting to track and correct errors/inaccurate information. Creates and follows cash flow projections for all projects. Reviews and approves all change orders, invoices and addendums.
- Maintains all approvals and permissions to proceed in regards to permitting. Coordinates with on-site superintendents for compliance with all regulatory rules and requirements.
- Works closely with Forward Planning Department to ensure timely processing of all offsite plans. Manages schedules with input from Forward Planning to accurately reportconstruction start and completion dates.
- Manages bonds. Tracks and accumulates necessary information to facilitate exonerations in timely manner. Works with Offsite Superintendents to expedite bond releases and punch list completions.
- Organizes Development Department by maintaining and directing personnel in regards to procedure and filing.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Region/Division President.
Education & Experience
- College graduate, with degree in engineering, architecture, construction or planning required.
- Minimum (7) years of experience working in positions of increasing responsibility related to land acquisition such as land brokerage, market research, financial analysis, forward planning, real estate development, constructionproject management; and to construction and/or development with knowledge of engineering drawings and setting schedules for development.
Skills & Abilities
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Critical Thinking
- Relationship building and networking
- Strategic Planning
- Organizational skills; detail oriented.
- Analytical; able to identify potential schedule and project conflicts early.
- Project management
- Possess good judgement and common sense.
- Ability to serve as a leader and coach for departmental staff; provide continuous coaching with regard to functional and leadership standard
- Ability to recruit, hire, and retain “A players”
- Ability to identify employees’ skill gaps and identify developmental opportunities
Technical Knowledge & Experience
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of job site safety.
- Typical office environment.
- Construction sites where temperature, weather and noise may vary; may encounter electrical, dust, poor ventilation, dangerous machinery and moving objects and toxic conditions.