Manages the LAR process, makes site visits and performs financial forecast reviews and analyses, specifically monitoring land.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Tracks and reviews Land Acquisition Requests (LAR) by maintaining log which tracks status of both LARs, Pre-LARs, Land Sales and LAR Revisions; reviews submissions for accuracy and completeness; prepares questions for Division follow-up and ensures all are answered prior to LAR approval; provides early “heads up” for potentially difficult submissions, continually improves quality and efficiency of the LAR process.
- Performs site visits with Division personnel to evaluate potential acquisitions. Ensures at least one voting member of the LAR Committee has seen each site being evaluated prior to an approval decision.
- Provides assistance to Divisions in their underwriting and submission processes.
- Partners with Corporate Legal to ensure all contractual agreements and amendments are reviewed in accordance with policy.
- Ensures other members of the LAR Committee are informed in a timely manner to the extent required to make decisions within the standard timeframes for approval and when necessary informed to the extent required to make expedited decisions.
- Reviews and analyzes each financial forecast for accuracy and reasonableness with a particular focus on LAR Submissions relative to Forecast.
- Monitors land and land development spending forecasts; identifies opportunities to defer spending along with identifying the costs and risks of doing so; identifies decision points on land development commitments; maintains monthly memo on status of significant acquisition and development.
- Reviews land pipeline in connection with budget/forecast process.
- Assists with Strategic Planning.
- Maintains and continually improves communication on the status and viability of LARs as they go through the process.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors degree in finance or accounting preferred.
- Experience working in homebuilding industry at the division level preferred.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to identify key issues which affect the business.
- Good interpersonal skills with solid judgment.
- Willingness to travel.
- Typical office environment.