Develop, implement and execute a land strategy, including submarket(s) and product type(s) that support Division unit, community count and financial goals. Provide strategic contributions to help Division leadership overcome operational challenges
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversees flow of work for department(s) by directing and coordinating with manager(s)/supervisor(s) and administrative staff.
- Develop, implement, and maintain a land strategy that targets predetermined product types and submarkets and acquisition types (bulk raw, option finished, etc.).
- Source, negotiate and contract acquisitions consistent with the land strategy. Each acquisition contract to be approved by the allocated corporate transactional attorney
- Achieve LAR approved metrics for communities by achieving first sale, opening month, sales pace, ASP, and margin requirements.
- Thoroughly and accurately complete LAR submittals, with well-thought out risks and opportunities.
- Sources, selects and sells A Players to join the organization
- Performs other duties as assigned by Division President.
Education & Experience
- College graduate, with degree in engineering, architecture, construction or planning required.
- Minimum Five (5) years of experience working in positions of increasing responsibility related to land acquisition such as land brokerage, market research, financial analysis, forward planning, real estate development, constructionproject management; and to construction and/or development with knowledge of engineering drawings and setting schedules for development.
- Typical office environment.
- Construction sites where temperature, weather and noise may vary; may encounter electrical, dust, poor ventilation, dangerous machinery and moving objects and toxic conditions.