This is a job with a life-saving mission, and an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional to help shape and lead the next generation of smart technology for public safety and connected communities. Your skills will contribute to the unfolding technology revolution, spanning smart cities, smart buildings, real time interactive communications, IoT, AI, 5G, wearable computing and more.
Your primary objective will be to help bring transformative products and solutions to life as we become the backbone of public security and community safety throughout the nation. Our technology solutions make our schools, colleges, hospitals, transit facilities, utilities, malls, stadiums and businesses safer and more secure, making this position more than job, but also a social good.
Reporting directly to the President you will be an integral member of the executive management team, working closely with your colleagues in engineering, finance, marketing and sales to bring our products to life to save lives.
- Determines customers’ needs through customer interaction and market information
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements, appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes
- Assesses market competition by comparing Mutualink’s products to our competitor’s products
- Provides source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives
- Drives new product development projects via the stage gate Product Development Portfolio process from the beginning phase of scoping the product through to the end phase of launch of the product
- Develop and implement plans to manage the entire life cycle of all products from launch through obsolescence
- Experience in the establishment of a project team, PDP review presentations, generation of product specifications (MRD/PRD), launch plans, PR coordination, marketing communication coordination and sales plan development
- Obtains product market share by working with our Director of Sales to develop product sales strategies
- Assesses product market data by calling on customers with field sales personnel and evaluating sales call results
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses
- Facilitates inventory turnover and product availability by reviewing and adjusting inventory levels and production schedules
- Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing
- Introduces and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, advertising, and production
- Determines product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and following up on work results
- Maintains product management staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be a self-starting, confident product management professional with a strong background in public safety communications, life safety, smart cities, video conferencing, or related industries.
Knowledge and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Software Engineering. Candidates with MBA in finance, marketing or operations management are preferred
- Minimum of 5 years as a senior product manager
- Work as a development engineer or equivalent hands-on experience
- In-depth and up to date technology knowledge base, including multimedia and interactive communications, including video conferencing, VOIP, and two-way radio, and interactive content delivery and display modalities, including IoT, data fusion, GIS, AI, IoT and mobile platforms
- Public safety, emergency management or similar solutions or technology a plus, including computer aided dispatch.
- Proven success in leading, planning and implementing successful product line programs
- Expertise in full product life cycle management
- Superior oral and written communications skills both internally and with external stakeholders
- Highly developed critical-thinking skills reinforced by a high level of intellectual ability and curiosity
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills for overseeing processes and group dynamics
- Strong planning and project management skills
- A team player who is comfortable working within a highly collaborative environment
- Proactive in style; a self-starter who continually thinks ahead
- Problem solver
- Excellent creative ability, with a strong sense of esthetics and style
- Strong multi-tasking ability
- Strong attention to detail and possessing a strong sense of urgency
Salary & Benefits
Competitive salary commensurate with experience and capabilities. Eligible to participate in all employee benefits programs, including medical insurance, paid vacation, 401K and other benefits programs.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Mutualink, Inc. (“Mutualink or Employer”) is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis prohibited by law. Mutualink is committed to providing equal employment and advancement opportunities without consideration of race, color, religious creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, ancestry, veteran status, mental retardation, genetic information, disability, or other legally protected status, unless there is a bona fide occupational qualification under applicable Connecticut statute excluding persons in one of the foregoing protected groups. Additionally, Mutualink will take affirmative action to ensure workplace equality, avoid all forms of discrimination, and develop a workforce that is representative of all segments of the population.