More information about this job:
VP/Director, Creative Strategy
DigitasLBi is a highly-caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to create advertising campaigns, brand experiences and media platforms that bring bold, award-winning ideas to life.
Strategy at DigitasLBi is a multi-disciplinary team of Creative, Social, Experience and Connections Strategy experts, unified by a shared ambition to inspire ideas that move people.
To further accelerate this ambition, we are looking for an outstanding Vice President, Director Creative Strategy – someone who champions the power of brands through strategic, innovative and effective creative work.
The Creative Strategy team defines a brands purpose and owns the brand idea; providing clarity of what the brand is and inspires what it should communicate.
Sounds like you? Read on.
What you’ll do:
As VP/Director, Creative Strategy, you’ll bring strategic thought leadership to your clients’ marketing and brand challenges, grounding teams in the brand’s vision and future potential.
Demonstrating an understanding of consumer emotions, motivations, instincts and actions, you’ll focus on how to most effectively help a clients’ brand grow; creating brand equity through communications and expressions
Day to day your role will concentrate on getting to insights, helping guide the creative teams to break-through ideas. Which includes:
Day-to-day, your role includes:
- A complete and thorough understanding of digital and social channels and platforms and staying up to date on changes.
- Identifying key challenges and competitive threats, and delivering insightful and informed solutions to grow clients’ businesses
- Collaborating with our skilled data and analytics teams, to identify and illuminate the story in the data and frame its implication for strategy
- Facilitating team brainstorms to stimulate unexpected ideas and initiatives
- Crafting creative briefs that synthesize brand understanding with consumer insight into a focused ‘problem to solve’ to inspire your partners on the creative team
- Collaborating with creative teams to refine the work
This critical role requires a depth of expertise (10-12years; min 4-year college degree, Masters preferred), including a track record of impactful work experienceand professional ingenuity – which means you are:
- A problem solver and story-teller, who is able to frame challenges in an interesting way and collaborate with teams to inspire unexpected ideas
- A curious mind, with analytical ability who can inform what research is needed to understand culture, consumer behavior and brand opportunity
- A skilled manager with experience in team oversight and talent development; comfortable helping coach, educate and grow talent
- An accomplished professional with exceptional communication, organizational and time management skills, and the flexibility to adapt quickly to change
- A flexible strategist that can jump in and solve a variety of marketing business challenges, including but not limited to creative outputs
Job ID 2017-25572