More information about this job:
VP, Director of Creative Strategy – Gaming & Entertainment client focus.
At DigitasLBi, brilliant minds come together to plan, create and bring bold, award-winning ideas to life. And those great ideas don’t happen without a strong strategic backbone. Our best creative work happens when insightful thinking inspires and fuels it in the process. Our strategists get there with a good grasp of the issues and opportunities for our clients’ businesses and their brands; carefully observed consumer behavior, and a finely-tuned gauge on market and cultural trends.
We’re looking for an outstanding VP, Director of Creative Strategy to help us build on the high standards of work for a long-standing client that’s a leader in the gaming and entertainment category.
As a Director, you’ll also be a senior figure in the agency and looked upon for overall leadership of people, a contributor to agency culture, and instrumental to business development.
Day-to-day, your role includes:
- Write and present strategies around insight gleaned from in-depth understanding of the brand, consumers’ feelings, attitudes and behaviors, and cultural trends.
- Translate strategy into inspiring briefs and briefings that kick off and guide relevant marketing program initiatives.
- Apply innovative research, tracking and listening methodologies to assess situations, identify opportunities and create relevant recommendations for clients.
- Partner with our cutting-edge primary researchers, internal data & analysis group and client data/research organizations to help diagnose issues and develop solutions.
- Collaborate with multiple disciplines including, but not limited to, account, project management, tech, media, data & analysis, social, connections planning, and of course creatives – we’re a much more “full-service” agency than many and work closely with those in other NA offices.
- Design, lead and facilitate workshops that efficiently and collaboratively help crystalize strategy as well help to get to bigger, bolder ideas.
- Create awareness, understanding and demand for strategy/account planning’s contribution by teaching, explaining and more importantly demonstrating its role, value and impact.
- Manage and mentor 2 mid-level planners and work closely with head of strategy for the SF/CHI ‘region’ to build and better the capability in San Francisco office. You may also be called upon to help out on projects for other NA offices and input to the national forums on strategy matters.
We’re looking for strong, impactful work experience, which typically includes:
Minimum of 7 years in a strategy role within marketing communications agency, preferably a creative and/or digital agency, or creative/connections strategy role at media agency.
Exposure to and experience on a variety of assignments, from brand strategy work to activation and tactical execution planning.
Passion for, or keen interest in and around the gaming world preferable.
Job ID 2017-25528