Come join the US Digitaltax team as the Vice President, Digital Products overseeing our portfolio of digital products and services. This is a highly motivated and innovative team that drives the end-to-end experience for H&R Block?s digital tax products. This team has responsibilities for the mobile, online and desktop consumer tax offerings. H&R Block is looking for an experienced Vice President who is passionate about building the best experiences in the market. Define the vision, long-term product strategy, and roadmap for the digital portfolio of products. Leveraging insights, identify opportunities, establish requirements and plan for new and innovative capabilities geared at optimizing client conversion and retention. Work closely with key leaders to evolve the strategy, introduce future technologies and drive new capabilities that leverage H&R Block?s advantages. Ensure strong leadership, clear communication and teamwork across the product team, design, and development teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop product vision and roadmap Founded in the needs of users, optimize the product strategy to ensure alignment with HRB?s objective to help individuals easily prepare and file their taxes.
- Lead a passionate team of product owners to set the technology strategy & roadmap, develop priorities and optimize processes that drive a highly effective and efficient product management organization.
- Collaborate with multiple business partners to drive a seamless end-to-end experience from throughout the entire customer journey.
- Oversee Experience Design to elevate the experience, determine how to enhance moments of truth and delight clients as they navigate our various products and services.
- Know the customer ?Support and foster a fail fast culture to ensure product owners are rapidly designing prototypes, testing, and gaining feedback from clients. Being empathetic and understanding the needs of users is central to your role.
- Know the business ?work closely with other product owners, marketing, CSO and IT to cultivate relationships in order to drive progress against the product strategy.
- Know your numbers - Analyze KPI?s and use them to drive decision-making about the future roadmap.
- Lead the product planning process with other members of management and affected internal partners.
- Develop innovative solutions that enable H&R Block to remain competitive and differentiated in the marketplace
- Meet with Executive Management, internal representatives, external partners, and various focus groups to receive feedback on current portfolio and to brainstorm enhancements for future technology and development initiatives.
- Monitor organizational productivity and provide staff members with technical direction and growth. Provide regular performance feedback to staff members.
- Conduct annual and quarterly reviews. Ensure that the management staff provides timely, accurate reviews for their staff.
- Bachelor?s degree in related field or the equivalent through a combination of education and work experience.
- 15+ years product/platform management experience with increasing levels of responsibility; demonstrated skills with performing organizational design, performing risk assessments, setting priorities and negotiating competing priorities.
- 5-7+ years of digitalexperience.
- Deep understanding of large scale platform capabilities and technical depth across capabilities to assess risk and deliver solutions.
- Experience with Agile and iterative product development processes and methodology.
- Eight years project management experience to include experience project management methodologies and the ability to manage large projects with multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of releaseschedules, tight deadlines, and competitive demands.
- Ability to translate business strategy into product strategy.
- Ability to balance what are often times competing priorities between various product/business customers.
- Demonstrated leadership/management, strategic planning, negotiation, and influence management skills.
- Possess good business liaison capabilities. Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Exceptional listening skills. Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization from senior executives to staff level. Strong presentation skills necessary to communicate and influence a wide range of audiences.
- MBA or Master?s Degree.
- Fifteen years management experience.
- Ten years Project Management experience.