AtMSG we valuediversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds!MSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexualorientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements,MSG complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in alllocations.
The VP Digital Media is responsible for working in conjunction with the Communications Departments’ various PR groups – for the Knicks, Rangers, Entertainment, Productions, Sports Business and Sports Properties -- on the development of strategic communications plans that build and protect MSG’s image. The VP is responsible for creating the listening tools that enable the Company to proactively monitor online conversations and sentiment related to PR/Communications across all digital platforms including social media outlets, blogs, media (press) websites, etc. The VP will work closely with the various PR contacts to use that data to help develop the department’s digital and content strategies.
The VP Digital Media will develop strategic recommendations on proactive content/messaging, as well as how the Company responds to issues (either negative or misinformation), with specific direction on the Company’s target audiences, what social platforms work best, third-party involvement (influencers, etc.), and determine the need for other tools (paid, etc.).
As part of this position, the VP Digital Media will also be responsible for overseeing the Communications Department’s clips efforts to ensure comprehensive monitoring, accuracy in coverage, prompt delivery and, ultimately, the creation of a formalized planned for how we measure how the Company is covered. In addition, the VP will be tasked with managing the MSG Company blog, which includes the creation of both proactive and reactive content, as well as publishing and oversight of the MSG Company social platforms.
This person will bridge the gap between insights, content, strategy, and planning and will add value through careful monitoring and knowledge of the usefulness and success of these channels. We’re seeking a thinker and a doer who is able to be hands-on with day-to-day operations while keeping an eye on the larger strategic vision, and a leader who can mentor colleagues and navigate the changing digital ecosystem. Successful applicants will have a demonstrated track record of developing successful strategies with measurable results.
- Working with PR contacts, for the Knicks, Rangers, Entertainment, Productions, Sports Business and Sports Properties, to develop, and over time refine, the tools to monitor online conversations and sentiment about the company (excluding guest issues)
- Analyzing findings and effectively using data to help drive each group’s overall communications strategy
- Suggest topics for proactive content for both the various PR groups and for the MSG Blog
- Identify issues (negativity or misinformation) and help determine when and how we respond
- During a larger crisis, ensure ongoing monitoring and the use of findings to help develop an aggressive response plan
- For both proactive and reactive strategies, providing guidance on target audiences, what social platforms work best, third-party involvement (MSG friends, influencers, etc.), and the use of other tools (paid, etc.)
- Keeping track of names that appear to be prominently emerging as authors, commenters, and distributors that can be used over time to build out a list of “influencers”.
- Alerting other parts of the company to potential issues that are discovered through the monitoring process.
- Working with the rest of the Communications department and other parts of the Company, to establish policies and procedures for how we respond to certain matters.
- Overseeing the Department’s clips efforts to ensure comprehensive monitoring, accuracy in coverage, prompt delivery and, ultimately, the creation of a formalized planned for how we measure how the Company is covered.
- Overseeing the MSG Blog (the Company blog), specifically directing:
- Major narrative themes to focus on
- Content Calendar – the specific stories and pieces of content that we will create, along with a timeline for creating them
- Content production -- both written and visual (photo/video) postings
- Which platforms make most sense to push out on (including the MSG Blog platforms as well as otherMSG platforms – Knick, rnanagers, MSG, Rockettes, etc.)
- Overseeing MSG Blog’s social mediachannels including editorial planning, content development, paid media, monitoring/analytics and ongoing social strategy.
- Following the shifts in platform functionality to ensure strategies succeed; ensure programs adapt to ongoing social media platform innovations.
- Prioritizing and promoting the need to collaborate well across the company’s various departments – PR, Communications, Marketing, Technology, Analytics, IT, Team Operations, etc.
- 10-15+ years in the communications, marketing and digital space, with proven experience delivering successful social media programs
- Strong working knowledge of analytical and sentiment tools, preferably Crimson Hexagon and/or Prime platforms
- Extensive understanding of digital and social channel strategy with a deep focus on deep analysis on data
- Experience building and managing teams and motivating team members to deliver high quality work
- Ability to think strategically about the development and execution of integrated digital programs
- Passionate about the constantly changing world of media with ability to drive thought leadership company-wide
- Talented writer, clear communicator and engaging presenter
- Knowledgeable about the intersection of earned, owned and paid media
- Experience in program measurement and analysis
- Naturally inquisitive, having the ability to go beyond the ask to determine what questions need to be addressed with data, research, and insights.
- Fluent in analyzing a broad range and large volume of data and research, and an expert in articulating into insights.
- Motivated to go beyond tried and true approaches and sources of information to identify the best, most compelling and insightful sources of information to help fuel strategies, plans, and tactics.
- Ability and willingness to work in a 24x7 news environment, available to work at a moment’s notice
Candidates who have completed 60 credits of college-level coursework (representing 2 years), or have shown similar self-development through certifications, trade school coursework, etc. are preferred.
Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role.
Requisition ID 18-8636