The Enterprise Application Architect will provide enterprise application vision, design and architecture of solutions for Cloud Application modernization, migration and development at Synchrony Bank (SYF). This individual will also be responsible for leading and modernizing software development and product delivery through rapid innovation, continuous integration and delivery. This individual will provide technical leadership, mentorship and support to other engineers and developers at the Bank.
- Develop an enterprise vision and architect solutions that meet SYF business requirements to deliver new digitalbanking solutions that drive and add business value.
- Deploy and deliver business applications by enabling rapid innovation through modern software development and delivery practices.
- Design and architect elastic, resilient and self-healing Cloud applications
- Design and implement continuous integration and continuous delivery processes to deliver applications to production, fostering a culture of continuous process improvement
- Perform Technology Alternate Assessment, create Proof-of-Concept (as necessary) Provides guidance and direction to project teams to ensure compliance with the standards and best practices.
- Work collaboratively with Product Management and Platform Engineering during development, launch and continuing refinement of PCF and integrated 3party solutions.
- Collaborate with internal technical resources and third party vendors to resolve issues and to understand the causes behind the issues and provide solutions.
- Maintain deep hands on technical knowledge of PCF and Application infrastructure and architectures. Continuously learn and be at the leading edge of Pivotal and industry trends
- Provide daily support for PCF related development activities including, creation and maintenance of automation scripts, build pipelines, cloud integration and evaluation
- Work with team members to design, architect and implement solutions across geographic locations
- Create, assess, update and maintain documentation pertaining to PCF platforms
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 5 years of experience in Information Technology OR in lieu of the Bachelor’s degree minimum 8years of experience in Information Technology in a hands on technical role
- Minimum 5 years of experience in software development languages, systems and frameworks such as Spring/Java, Ruby/Rails, Go, Node.js, messaging (RabbitMQ/AMQP, JMS), RDBMS, NoSQL and Hadoop), Gemfire
- Minimum 2 years of experience working on or leading teams performing systems automation and integration in an agile methodology (Scaled Agile Framework) and/or using lean techniques preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience with Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo, and/or other Continuous Integration tools
- Minimum 2 years of experience building consumer banking applications
- Recent experience with design, implementation of Cloud native systems (Pivotal Cloud Foundry) and software solutions for Containerized, Micro services based eco-systems, Application modernization, migration and development on PaaS platforms.
- Expert in cloud native application design, PCF Reference Architectures,12 factor app principles
- Hands on experience with Chef, BOSH, or related automation / orchestration tools
- Experience with a platform as a service product offerings like Heroku, Elastic Beanstalk, AWS or Azure is a big plus
- Experience working with SAML, oAuth 2, Active Directory and network protocols
- A software development background or with experience in DevOps automation
- Solid communication skills, and must be highly motivated and demonstrate high level of initiative.
- Must be a self-starter, ability to quickly learn, adapt, shows initiative and thinks outside the box.
Job ID: 1700003851