Zoetis is conducting a search for a Vice President, Global Manufacturing Diagnostics & BioDevices Operations Leader. Reporting to the EVP of Global Manufacturing and Supply, the Diagnostics/BioDevices leader is responsible for 4 sites ensuring the availability of quality products at competitive costs to meet the supply requirements of the global Zoetis business. The optimum candidate will be a business minded, senior Diagnostics/BioDevices operations and supply chain leader, who brings a proven track record in driving the development and delivery of effective operations, including the delivery of customer service, quality, compliance, strategy, operational excellence, and cost effectiveness.
The Diagnostics/BioDevices Operations leader must have experiences in operating in a regulated, life sciences and technically complex product environment within the Manufacturing Diagnostics and BioDevices environment. The ability to act effectively in a complex, global organization, where skills of leadership are equally as important as those of science is particularly important. This leader should be able to drive change and shape the future through structure, talent, and process. The incumbent works with key partners such as Quality, External Supply, Global Technology Services, Finance, HR, Commercial and VMRD to support Zoetis.
The Diagnostics/BioDevices Operations leader operates as both a strategic business partner and a strategic functional leader. This position is responsible for developing and leading the effective implementation of a global operations strategy for Zoetis Diagnostics/BioDevices Platform to achieve the highest level of customer service at an effective cost.
The incumbent is responsible for developing and improving the supply capabilities of the organization and deploying and leveraging continuous improvement methodologies and ERP utilization.
This role has approximately 3 direct reports and oversees an organization of 120 colleagues. The scope of responsibility includes all Diagnostics and BioDevices plant sites. Plant sites include operations in, San Diego, Farum Denmark, Raleigh/Durham, and London Ontario.
- Develop and execute strategic vision for Zoetis Diagnostics and BioDevices Platform and provide strategic direction and leadership for the Diagnostics and Bio Devices supply network of sites.
- Oversee all operations at the Diagnostics/BioDevices sites and ensure all required regulations are met consistently and compliantly at all times.
- Deliver against Customer Service and Quality Improvement metrics and continuously improve site operations
- Maintain and improve a strong culture that meets highest standards for Environmental, Health and Safety.
- Make effective financial and operational decisions to positively impact both short and long-term Site, Network and overall business objectives.
- Set budget and operational goals for the Diagnostics and BioDevices network.
- Ensure an effective Talent Management process to ensure effective talent identification, talent development and coaching, performance management and succession planning.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external customers, regulators and other stakeholders.
- Lead company-wide projects and processes that have significant financial implications.
- Bachelor’s degree in biochemistry, chemistry, microbiology, engineering, or a related technical discipline. Master degreepreferred.
- International experiencepreferred.
- At least 15 years of Diagnostics and BioDevices and/or pharmaceutical operations experience with at least 5 years of specific experience in Diagnostic and Bio Devices manufacturing preferred. Leadership of a manufacturing site or group of sites preferred.
Required Competencies and Capabilities:
- Strong knowledge of and absolute commitment to Quality and EH&S.
- Demonstrated experience understanding and leading plant operations from an operational perspective.
- Strong sense of business ownership and passionate commitment to achieving commercial objectives and targets.
- Effective interpersonal and collaboration skills required.
- Demonstrated success growing leaders, building strong teams, and creating a true ownership culture in a global environment through strong leadership by example.
- Strong organizational and planning skills, as well as a high energy level and initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to lead transformational change.
- Fluent in English. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to travel 30-40% of working time.