The DevOps leader is responsible to the CIO for the strategy, adoption and implementation of DevOps across the Hertz enterprise. This role requires a senior technical leader who can deliver an enterprise strategy and establish a core team of experts to lead the adoption of the DevOps methodology through effective communication and collaboration with cross functional teams. This role will require strong technical background with on-premises, cloud and hybrid technology stacks as well as best practices for adoption and implementing a highly automated DevOps culture in Hertz. The leader will oversee a team of experts from each aspect of software delivery including agile, deployment, testing, environment provisioning, monitoring and management who will:
- Establish a culture of high performance, transparency and continuous improvement as it relates to the streamlining of the development, testing and delivery pipelines.
- Drive the transformation of skills, practices and automation across Hertz programs and projects used by Hertz and partner teams.
- Establish and lead a continuous delivery leadership team to establish and mature DevOps best practices for cloud based and on-premises applications.
- Coordinate across the business and IT organization to scale adoption of Agile, DevOps, continuous testing and service management practices.
- Define an approach and framework to measure DevOps maturity improvements resulting from changes to skills, practice and technology.
- Define a DevOps methodology that provides for multiple speed and delivery models across teams, vendors, and products that supports rapid delivery and quality benchmarks.
- Define and validate DevOps best practices that will be used by Hertz programs and partners enabling a continuous delivery capability for all programs.
- Advise the CIO on the incremental adoption of DevOps by current programs and products including changes to engagements by partners and vendors.
- Work with CIO staff to drive the professional development of new/existing resources and skills that support DevOps practices and enable Hertz and partners to achieve measured DevOps outcomes.
- Provide tool chains as a service to Hertz and partners/vendors that support the DevOps practices, optimize automation to reduce excess efforts by projects and teams.
- Identify opportunities for automation and optimization and lead the incremental adoption into the delivery to improve productivity, quality, and innovation.
- Executive level position that demands effective communication and coordination across CIO staff and business executives.
- 10 year’s experience in leading IT organizations undergoing change
- Solid background in modern software deliver practices and processes within a cross functional and partner ecosystem
- Experience in modern Agile and DevOps practices such as the IBM garage method and approaches to enterprise adoption.
- Ability to work at several levels of an organization to define and implement a transformation strategy with specific measured outcome goals.
- Experienced with on-premises, legacy, hybrid and cloud native applications and delivery models.
- Experienced at driving institutional change in culture, skills, practices/processes and technology while maintaining day to day productivity goals.
Hertz is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or domestic partnership status, disability, protected veteran status or military status, genetic information, or any other category protected under applicable law. Hertz is committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment and advancement of minorities, women, persons with disabilities and protected veterans.