Do you worry about how to balance design heuristics, customer feedback, empirical data, and business needs? Awesome. So do we. Like many start-ups, we use a lot of A/B testing to better understand our customers’ needs. We believe the best design is the one that makes our customers successful and happy. Ultimately, we are pragmatists. We love building products that work, and want you to help us make them work—and feel—even better.
We’re a mobile-first company, so bring your m-web and app portfolio and be prepared to talk about how touch has transformed UI… and each of us. (Did you know that 80% of our mobile customers book a room for tonight or tomorrow night? How can we help these procrastinators effortlessly find an amazing deal right up to the very last minute?)
As a key company leader, the VP, Design reports directly to the Chief Product Officer. He or she is responsible not only for driving business results, but also for fostering a culture centered on priceline.com’s key values: innovation, teamwork, accountability, integrity and, of course, our customer. You lead by example as you set a high bar and then inspire and coach your team to reach it.
This is based in our midtown New York City office. The role requires travel to our Norwalk office once a week.
- Lead a team of 10 UI/UX designers. Work with designers to create and execute against career development plans via weekly 1:1s and yearly performance reviews.
- Execute against key growth goals as a partner in the product management and business processes
- Support a positive productive working relationship between teams. Establish and nurture our product voice and tone- all the while balancing the (sometimes conflicting) inputs of A/B test results, user feedback, and business need.
- Report to and collaborate with our executive team.
- 5 years designing effective products that scale and delight
- 2 years with a single company in a leadership role and a promotion/recognition
- References from at least 1 direct report and boss
- Experience in consumer web and app products preferred
- Passion for travel.