This position will report to the SVP, Digital and will be responsible for a team of data scientists and analysts adept at understanding and growing our data and unlocking opportunities across the business. If you care about journalism, its place in our society, and have a passion for finding new approaches through data-led solutions, this position is for you.
- Develop the data and analytics practice, by communicating a clear vision, strategy and roadmap to all stakeholders
- Leading the transformation of the company towards an analytically enabled organization that draws on best practice insights and solutions from across the enterprise
- Drive approaches to solving key complex business problems through data analysis, predictive modeling and machine learning techniques. Ability to bring the right data technique to solve the problem in an explainable manner to the business.
- Develop advanced modelling to segment and target readers with relevant content and advertising, working with sales and newsroom leaders to understand the challenges, opportunities and results across the business.
- Working with Sales and Newsroom leaders to understand the challenges and opportunities across the business, develop advanced modeling that segments and targets readers with relevant content and advertising
- Develop and maintain relationships with senior executives, product managers, sales leaders, editors and developers. Build in-depth knowledge of the business success drivers, industry trends, regulatory issues and competitive marketplace to develop value added business solutions.
- Partner with our technology providers to develop next-generation solutions
Experience & Requirements
- Five plus years of work experience in data science roles
- Experience with a consumer-facing news products, subscriptions, advertising, customer data platforms, database marketing systems, A/B testing, eCommerce and Google 360.
- Proven ability to implement, execute and test sales campaigns
- Detail oriented, well organized and flexible in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interpret data and make recommendations based on analytical findings
- Willingness to travel domestically 10-20% of the time
- Master's or above in data science, engineering or applied mathematics.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The position may require:
- Sitting for extended periods, working on computer
- Working remotely and managing expectations for multiple markets across the USA from one physical market location
- Ability to be on phone calls / conference calls for extended periods of time
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. GateHouse Media Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.