Working in one of America’s largest and most successful benefits management companies, drive healthcare innovation by enhancing the accuracy, speed and efficiency of automated, evidence-based clinical decision-making to achieve improved outcomes and reduce costs. Provide leadership, planning and management for all areas of Data Science strategy, development and implementation. Establish Data Science business strategy to support and advance business priorities. Working in close collaboration with senior business leaders in core operational, technology, and product development areas, contribute to the definition and achievement of the company’s technology roadmap and strategic goals. Collaborate with Scrum and Product Development teams and participate in the product development life cycle to help integrate Data Science techniques into the Agile Software Development Life Cycle. Recruit, train, mentor and motivate a premier data science team.
Minimum Experience Required
- Design, develop, and deploy Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Collaborative Filtering, Data Mining, and other cutting-edge statistical and data analysis techniques to collect, explore, and extract data-driven insights, metrics, and key performance indicators from structured and unstructured electronic health record data and otherhealthcare data sources.
- Develop robust, scalable, data-driven algorithms, software, and applications for deployment in core operational areas.
- Help evolve QPID’s NLP platform, combining input from clinicians and other domain experts with state of the art NLP techniques.
- Assist business with causal inferences and observations, perform large scale experimentation, translate data into intelligence, and help solve strategic business problems for internal and external stakeholders.
- Ph. D in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or Engineering.
- Eight years of industry experience leading or managing teams, including 5+ year of experience in a managerial or leadership role.
- “Can do” attitude: you are biased towards action and ready to speak your mind. Strong publication record and/or additional industry experience a plus. Deep machine learning expertise.
- Experience with Deep Learning and/or Natural Language Processing algorithms and tools a strong plus.
- Experience with a diverse set of computing technologies: Python, Linux, Bash, SQL, R.
- High proficiency in Python a strong plus. Experience with Java/C++ a strong plus.
- Experience with big data frameworks (Hadoop, Spark, etc.) and/or NoSQL databases a plus.
- Experience with healthcare data a plus. Excellent organizational and communication skills.
Career ID 2018-4649