What we want you to do:
Lead the business operations for all of Apptio’s Customer Success functions – Professional Services, Customer Success, Support and Education. Further the mission of the Customer Success operations and field teams by providing capabilities and insights that empower our staff that services customers to operate with increased effectiveness, efficiency and scale. Key responsibilities include:
- Serve as Chief of Staff to Chief Customer Officer
- Leverage data insights and personal experience to advise Services leadership on a range of topics.
- Establish processes, systems and standard cadence practices that maintain alignment, transparency, and accountability to achieve business goals and drive alignment across stakeholders.
- Provide reporting and insights on business performance
- Maintain standardized business dashboards and reports to enable business analysis and insights and provide direction for action
- Provide ad hoc reporting and analysis to support a broad range of business objectives.
- Analyze dashboards, reports and other data sources to identify trends and insights useful to managing the business
- Oversee Customer Success Systems
- Administrate, maintain and evolve key Customer Success business applications such as OpenAir, Gainsight and Salesforce; participate in cross-functional Salesforce governance and maturity roadmap.
- Partner with peers across Apptio to develop and maintain a wide range of operational processes governing data, reporting, technology infrastructure, and more.
- Govern Financial Management Processes
- Oversee and optimize booking, revenue and margin forecasting processes
- Partner with Accounting and Finance to successfully execute month end and quarter end financial close processes
- Lead annual financial planning for all services functions. Partner with Finance, Accounting and Customer Success leadership to develop a comprehensive financial plan that supports business growth within a target expense envelope.
- Provide operational leadership for services vendor, contractor and customer contract processes
- 10+ years of experience in Customer Success Operations and/or Customer Success Management for a Software Company
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or similar field; or equivalent work experience
- Background & Experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead and grow a high performance team
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral, interpersonal) along with ability to collaborate internally or cross group while at the same time building credible relationships
- Strong passion for both client satisfaction and achieving business objectives and the ability to balance the two
- Ability to improve processes, manage change, and drive enablement and adoption
- Passion and ability to work well in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated initiative, problem-solving skills, solid judgment, and accustomed to acting with a sense of urgency
- Ability to multi-task, deal effectively with ambiguity, and self-prioritize under pressure
- Strong leadership skills with servant leadership mentality
- A team player
- Knowledge & Skills
- Comprehensive understanding of all Customer Success functions – Professional Services, Customer Success, Support and Education
- Experience with Salesforce, OpenAir and Gainsight or similar systems
- Experience with financial planning, management, & forecasting processes. Solid understanding of accounting and financial principles
- Experience facilitating an annual planning process, including demand and investment mix modelling. Experience with planning across multiple geographies and go-to-market motions a plus.
- Possess an understanding of key project management fundamentals. Experience with labor demand and capacity planning a plus.