The VP, Customer Success plays a critical role in driving Marqeta’s success and revenue growth, including core P&L responsibility. The role has three fundamental accountabilities:
- Ensure Marqeta delivers on the promises we make to our customers
- Optimize (and be accountable for) the short- and long-term revenue potential of each customer partnership and that of Marqeta’s overall customer portfolio
- Lead Marqeta’s growing Customer Success team as the voice and advocate of our customers throughout the organization
The Customer Success team is responsible for cultivating customer relationships in collaboration with the BD team and, once contracts are signed, assuming primary ownership for the customer relationship and the success of the customer program – both directly and through the Customer Success team. The team coordinates with Marqeta’s Operations resources for each customer program, working collaboratively across Business Development, Marketing, Product, Legal, Compliance, Operations and Technology to ensure a smooth and efficient customer and team experience for all. Each team member is accountable for developing key program goals, creating growth initiatives, finding new opportunities and being thought partners to our customers. Ultimately, the VP will be accountable for leading and mentoring the team, all while helping to operationalize the customer experience and ensuring each customer program maximizes revenue and profitability potential for Marqeta.
The current CS team already operates with focus and autonomy, driving consistent and positive results. You will support the team with account-level guidance, coaching and relationship support as needed. Finally, your team will be tasked with developing and growing Marqeta’s expertise in the domain of card program optimization as a core capability of the company, pulling together the knowledge and experience of the entire Marqeta team. This will involve detailed analytics, customer revenue modeling, sourcing and implementing automation tools, and optimizing each customer relationship - and the overall customer portfolio - as a P&L.
- Familiarity and experience with payments required, understanding of the card issuing space strongly preferred
- 10+ years experience in B2B enterprise customer-facing roles
- 5+ years with direct P&L accountability
- 5+ years in a management role
- Analytical rigor and an orientation toward data-driven management and decision making
- Proven track record in effectively creating internal support for key initiatives through cross-functional collaboration and alignment building
- Ability to collaborate internally as both the voice of the customer as well as the voice of Marqeta - all while being a beacon for Marqeta’s values
- Self-motivated, highly organized, detail-oriented with strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written communication, and presentation skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a strong work ethic
- A person of strong character and integrity, who can consistently represent Marqeta’s values, contribute to Marqeta’s culture and inspire the CS team to reach its potential
Personality: Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality deliverables. A strategic thinker who can manage both high level vision as well as be comfortable in the details as necessary. A leader who critically assesses own performance and craves high quality feedback from colleagues. Reliable, tolerant, and determined. Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view. At home in a high-paced, growth stage company.