Prologis is seeking a VP, Construction and Development Manager passionate about construction and eager to manage developments beginning with land due diligence and entitlement through design and construction. You would be part of a global development team of construction and development professionals building over a billion dollars in industrial buildings per year. Note: this role is posted in our East Rutherford, NJ location. However, we are flexible for the successful candidate to work in another Prologis market office or HQ office that might differ from the posted location. Preference of office location would be New York City/NJ metro area, New Jersey, Atlanta, SF Bay Area, or Seattle.
What's needed in order to do that:
- Lead a team of consultants and contractors to develop site and floor plans, specifications, construction budgets, and schedules for key customers on BTS opportunities.
- Develop, tender and manage bid packages for a variety of sizes of projects ranging from $15,000,000 to $150,000,000+ in development cost across multiple markets.
- Execute design and construction innovations and value engineering opportunities that will enhance and futureproof Prologis' and our customers' developments without compromising functionality or life-cycle costs.
- Interface and develop working relationships with various internal Prologis groups, customers, general contractors and public agencies
- Ensure customer satisfaction through each project
Tell us if you're ready.
- Understand & embrace the customer-oriented culture of Prologis and the CLD Group.
- Bachelor's degree in business, construction management, architecture, or engineering (Civil or Structural) is preferred.
- Solid experience working on construction projects, preferably for a general contractor or subcontractor.
- Experience in project pursuit, estimating, and scheduling
- Able to travel more than 50% of the time – this will depend on candidate location (coastal locales will mean less travel, inland home-base will include more travel)
- Promote a solution-minded approach to development and project management