Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providingfinancial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this samediversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best peoplewant to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.Citigroup's Cross Border Data Clearance (CBDC) teamsupports all Citi Businesses in complying with requirementsassociated with Cross Border activities including Data Privacy, Bank Secrecy, and Outsourcing laws and regulations related to data movement performed by Citi Businesses. CBDC is seeking a team lead to be a part of Global Program Team (GPT). The GPT team lead position includes but is not limited to the followingresponsibilities:
- Ability to collaborate and define execution strategy including spearhead planning, scheduling and have end to end ownership to execute critical CBDC projects with various internal and external stakeholders such as country legal/compliance/CPO.
- Develop full scale project plans, schedule project timelines, document action items and ensure all issues / concerns are documented, prioritized by the GPT Manager.
- Bring ample data privacy experience by applying best practices and have a successful documented record of accomplishment in developing strong relationships, managing cross-discipline projects, and demonstrating timely delivery of products including reports, risk/issue identification, and communications.
- Interact with business and technology teams to understand technology solutions and components that drive high priority programs and ensure close collaboration with other CBDC teams to facilitate clearance.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to interact with and coordinate cross-functional regulatory activities at various levels of the organization including Compliance, Business, Legal, Operations, and Technology.
- Ability to multitask, have the ability to understand complex issues and find solutions, results oriented, be a “go –getter” and with excellent problem solving ability.
- To be successful in this role, the candidate is expected to have good analytical skills to drive data analysis combined with an appetite to understand latest technology solutions to determine the path towards clearance activities.
- Required skills include privacy experience in a Legal, Compliance or similar function, the ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders of various degrees of seniority and the proven ability to build and maintain relationships with a diverse set of functional heads. In addition, the candidate should have strong analytical and problem solving skills, the demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities while maintaining attention to detail and knowledge of financial industry operations and risk and control processes and standards.
- Bachelors or equivalent experience
- 6-10 year related experience in data privacy, cross border / outsourcing regulations, operational/technology risk management with a strong understanding of technology.
- Proven ability to drive progression of multiple projects through collaboration and leadership, Thinks conceptually to analyze and identify patterns and trends, Understand what is important to the audience and can tailor content and message accordingly,
- Ability to influence others, result oriented, work independently with minimal oversight required.
- The candidate should have very good written and oral communication skills, excellent presentation skills and ample experience presenting to Senior Management.
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels within the organization , as well as ability to provide succinct messaging to the senior leadership across Citi.
- Strong team orientation and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced proficiency in MS office tools is a must (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- CIPP certification and legal background would be a definite plus.