The Credit Portfolio Officer is a senior-level position responsible for leading activities including credit review, monitoring the portfolio to identify credit migration, predicting credit loss and in coordination with the business partners. The overall objective of this role is to manage the credit loss forecast for Citi's US retail bank portfolio including Mortgage, and non-mortgage products.
- Perform portfolio risk evaluation and credit loss forecasting for US Mortgage, Retail Banking, and Small Business accounts
- Perform the CCAR related work with a comprehensive understanding of relevnt model techniques, business operations, and regulatory requirements
- Provide econometric modeling and statistical analyses of large-scale mortgage data sets to identify relationships and trends among various loss factors
- Conduct monthly loan-level and segment-level credit loss forecast for mortgage risk portfolio using Statistical Analysis Software (SAS) and other quantitative tools
- Forecast month-over-month delinquency trends using econometric/statistical/non-statistical models
- Conduct sensitivity analyses under various economic assumptions and variance walk between forecasts and actual figures
- l Develop and update monthly reports and presentations for senior management
- Collaborate with loss reserve team to conduct risk assessment by recommending both adequate levels of credit loss reserves and management adjustments to reserves based on economic headwinds
- Collaborate with various units of risk management business to understand and solve business problems
- 4+ years’ experience in using econometrics/statistical models Proficiency in writing SAS codes, including macro language, for statistical and modeling analyses
- Proficiency in using MS Office tools including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Access
- Demonstrated proficiency in using econometrics/statistical models and a thorough understanding of exploratory data analysis.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines & priorities both individually and in a team work environment;
- Good communication skills with the ability to explain technical concepts to a diverse audience in business terms
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Engineering or other quantitative discipline; Master’s degree or comparable work experience preferred.