- Lead a few analysts plus independently build credit risk and fraud models.
- Work with vendors to identify/test appropriate models for SYF
- Work on data collection, data cleansing, methodology evaluation, model assessment and validation.
- Analyze and explore datasets in order to find opportunities through data analytics
- Conduct detailed analytical work with a high level of accuracy to deliver quality result to senior management.
- Liaison cross functionally and externally with vendors, regulators as needed
- Ensure that the training needs for the team are up to date
- Maintain comprehensive model documentations needed to meet regulatory requirements.
- Assist in managing model testing process including implementation specifications development, model testing plan development, and test plan execution to ensure model appropriately implemented and produce output as designed.
- Manage model monitoring process, analyzing the root cause of any material shift and optimizing performance metrics.
- Manage validation & audit requests, and draft responses for model development and validation related questions.
- Manage model inventory
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline and 8+ years of experience in consumer credit risk modeling or; in lieu of a Master’s degree, a Bachelor’s degree in quantitative discipline and 10+ years of experience in consumer credit risk modeling
- 4+ years of hands-on modeling experience with Credit/Fraud Scorecard
- 4+ years working with large data sets
- Hands on programming skills (SAS/SQL/R/Python etc.)
- Ability to work cross functionally
- Multitask in a face paced environment while influencing and making judgment calls.
- Excellent understanding of credit risk modeling methodologies such as logistics regression, decision tree, machine learning.
- Experience managing a small team of analysts/data scientists
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good understanding of model risk management, credit risk and fraud strategy controls
- Technical proficiency with MS Office applications
- Technical proficiency with SAS and SQL.
- Working knowledge of R ,Python, Hadoop, Spark etc.
- Quick learner, detail oriented, strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Job ID: 1800000284