We are looking to fill a VP Counsel position in ADP’s Enterprise Solutions Multinational Corporations business unit (MNC). The MNC lawyers provide support to the GlobalView and Streamline solutions. Domestic and international travel will be required. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for leading complex international commercial negotiations and drafting legal documentation.
- Ability to efficiently and effectively draft, negotiate and document complex cross-border outsourcing contracts.
- Excellent knowledge of common outsourcing contract issues and fundamental contracting principles.
- Ability to effectively work with Sales and GlobalView and Streamline leadership during the contracting process.
- Ability to interface with all levels of GlobalView and Streamline personnel to ensure contract terms are consistent with ADP’s business practices, policies and goals (financial, fiscal, strategic, etc.).
- Ability to coordinate the negotiations of international transactions involving legal and business teams in the Americas, EMEA, APAC and LATAM.
- General familiarity with the EU data privacy laws.
- J.D. required.
- Must be admitted to a state bar and in good standing.
- Substantial experience (minimum 10 years) in a corporate law firm and/or as in-house counsel in a publicly owned company with specific emphasis on complex contract negotiation, drafting, interpretation and contract process management.
- Experience with international outsourcing arrangements strongly preferred.
- Some experience with Civil Law legal systems, M&A, software licensing and other technology-related contracts useful.
At ADP, every person counts. We welcome unique talents and perspectives. We welcome ideas on how to do things differently. In your efforts to achieve, learn and grow, we support you all the way. If you want to be a part of shaping our future while creating limitless potential in your own, you belong at ADP. #WorkingFor.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
- Must have very strong negotiation skills with good business judgment, as well as very strong analytical skills and legal drafting skills with a meticulous attention to detail and form.
- Must be a motivated self-starter with the ability to manage a transaction to completion and proactively anticipate issues or problems that may arise.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and meet critical deadlines.
- Must have excellent time management and project management skills, be able to manage/prioritize multiple contracts and balance quality with expedience.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to interface effectively with all levels of ADP management and external attorneys and clients.