Could this be you?
As the VP of Corporate Development, you would partner with external advisors and internal colleagues to perform due diligence, model, structure, negotiate and ultimately lead all components of the transaction process. This would include negotiation of transaction business points, legal documentation, the coordination of cross-functional teams during the due diligence, and overall process management for execution and integration.
How you can make a difference
- Own transaction structuring and negotiation of corresponding transaction-related agreements for acquisitions of medium to large primary care practices (in partnership with VillageMD counsel).
- Perform financial due diligence and partner with team members across VillageMD, as well as external advisors, to ensure completion of broad-based diligence and integration planning, including deep dives into clinic operations, value-based contract performance, and legal diligence.
- Perform financial modeling to estimate anticipated ranges of returns on investment.
- Lead overall diligence process by coordinating the workstreams of cross-functional team members from Operations, Revenue Cycle, Technology, Talent, and Real Estate.
- Partner with VillageMD’s financial/operating leadership to establish financial planning / KPIs to be measured post-close.
- Partner with senior leadership to insure alignment on key terms and expectations for transactions.
- Manage day-to-day transactions processes, communications, and outside relationships with both selling physicians and external advisors
- Accountable for completion and/or coordination of other transaction and acquisition-related support services.
- Contribute meaningfully to M&A process design and standardization, and its implementation.
- Develop and mentor junior team members.
- Partner with our Growth team to move attractive practices through our acquisition pipeline.
Skills for success
- A willingness to learn on your own and take initiative with minimal direction
- A bias for action and pragmatic solutions
- Ability and willingness to drive collaboration across the team and a commitment to transparency on open matters, next steps, and performance measurement
- High emotional intelligence including the ability to develop substantial relationships and successfully navigate diverse partner groups
- Shown experience performing under pressure in an extremely fast-paced and constantly evolving environment with a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through strong communication and doing what you say you will do
Experience to drive change
- Bachelor's degree required. MBA or equivalent degree preferred.
- 14+ years of experience in M&A, via some combination of corporate development, private equity, investment banking, venture capital or consulting required.
- Minimum of five years of healthcare industry experience (excluding pharma and biotech) required.
- Extensive deal management experience.
- Familiarity with healthcare economics helpful including knowledge of impact to physician practice and managed care environment