We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It is one of your greatest competitive advantages.
Ping Identity is searching for a VP, Corporate Development to join our team! You will source proprietary acquisition opportunities and develop relationships with the founders, executives and Board members of those businesses to promote a transaction. Activities will include gathering information to evaluate the highest and best use of Ping capital. You will oversee the M&A pipeline and lead the deal process from prospecting and execution to ensure successful post-closing integration.
You will report to the CFO.
- Work with CEO staff to refine long-term inorganic growth strategy.
- Manage the M&A transaction process from identification of potential targets to close, using prior M&A experience. Experience with operational, accounting, tax, legal, regulatory and human resource implications that a proposed transaction would have on Ping.
- Make recommendations on transaction terms with potentially large financial implications (i.e. indemnification provisions, working capital).
- Demonstrate results of managing M&A transactions through rigorous post-closing analysis.
- Source proprietary deals and develop relationships with the founders of the businesses.
- Build credible relationships to be seen as a trusted, respected partner.
- Coordinate with the executive team to develop the five-year operating and valuation models, including giving feedback on assumptions, levels of return and value.
- Management and coordination of transaction teams, department functions and external resources such as outside legal counsel, consulting and accounting teams. You will need to ensure the teams understand the transaction process, help the team identify and understand key risks in the transaction and bring the team to recommendations and decisions on deal points.
- Negotiate the transaction terms, including the letter of intent and all transaction related documents, with appropriate input from the senior leadership team.
- Present to the executive team and Board throughout the transaction, including updates on the transaction, leading discussions and providing recommendations to resolve issues and presentations requesting formal approval to proceed with the transaction.
- Work with others on the team to improve M&A processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Economics or any other related field. Equivalent of the same working experience also acceptable.
- 10+ years working in mergers and acquisitions within the technology/software industry.
- International and public company transaction experience.
- Experience in investment banking, consulting and private equity.
- Demonstrate an in-depth operational and valuation financial modeling expertise.
- Experience analyzing large data quantities, driving financial modeling and due diligence.
- Work in an evolving environment.
- Experience managing and working with third-party advisors, including financial advisors, law firms, accounting firms and other consultants and advisors.
- Consider and balance risks arising from multiple areas (accounting, legal, tax, compliance).
- Drive projects – in particular driving to resolution of issues on time and getting executive agreement and support.